A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Starting a new fighting game, looking for ppl to join.

Hi ppl,

I was wondering if anyone was interested in joining me in making a new flash fighting game? Anyone at all, from animator to artist to striptmaker and more. Itll probably be a 2d fighting game.
    Personally i can be artist or animator and i know a little bit of making the actionscripts, i could even do a little of all.
    This will take some time to make. I guess we need at least 3 people to get this done but it would help to have some more. I have some ideas about topics for the game and am open for more ideas.
    Itll probably end up like a street fighter type game, at least a 2d fighting game like that. There would be more fighters in the game which each have about 30 moves.
    If you are willing to join plz leave your email adress and an example of your work if you have any. Also please state which are you are best in (artist, animator, scriptmaker etc.), and any other usefull information.

Rui,

P.S: you can mail met at rui_reinier@hotmail.com.

isnt noone interested?

Isnt noone interested in joining for the game. I swear this is going to be a great game when finished!

i will be glad to help, but i already have the same project in the work; the difference is that i'll be using ripped characters from all the consoles; i'm working a lot on it right now but i posted an old version here if you are interested:
    http://www.marmotte.levillage.org/ga...r_fighter.html
    the moves:
    arrow keys=movments
    1,2,3 and 4 are the attacks
    you can also do combos, like left+medium punch, or down+left+punch (= hadoken)

maybe you can contribute by giving some sprites?

btw, i'll post the new version soon, it's really more advanced than this one...

see you soon

Hi,

could you give me one or two good sprites like that u used in that Sample above?

How did u animate them?

Frame by frame?

Would be nice to see some excerpts from your code, if u don«t wanna show them publicly u may send some excerpts to my email

info@mmgraphics.de

Thanks a lot, and keep up like this... it looks very good

Manuel

@ reiniercash:

I would like to help you.

Email me your thoughts, ideas and whatever you think it should be and look like.

I use Flash MX to realize this.
    if you like to let the game a mp-game we need a server that supports SocketConnection(), a so called SocketServer has to run on that one.
    Never tried anything like that, cause my server doesn«t support that SocketServers, damned.

Manuel

ok what is this gonna be like

Hi ppl,

Thanx for your replies. So what will the game be like? Itll be exactly like the street fighter games with the graphics. Ok the gameplay:

Probably 4 action buttons, 4 movement buttons with possible combo's. Like when a and s are pressed the move is different then when a or s is pressed.
    We'll start of with a 2p mode closely followed by a 1p mode.
    Multiple characters with about 30 moves each? I know its a lot so that could go down if its to hard.
    We'll probably use duplicate movieclips for different characters.
    Itll be action based AI, so when the player punches, computer chooses to block or not. And also scale action scripts so when the difference between fighters is <x the computer will punch and when >x the computer will fire a long range shot. So yes we'll try making "ki" like long range shots as well as normal punches if we have time.
    Im mostly looking for a scripting person. It would be a big help to have an animator. Personnaly i think ill cover the artist part and a lot of the animation if not all. My actionscript is ok but not enough for the AI so we'll definately need someone to do that.

Any questions? feel free to mail me,
    Reinier

Marmotte that would be a good idea. What kinda sprites you looking for? Just street fighter, the quality is great of em so itll be a great idea? If so ill be glad to make em i just cant find street fighter sprite sheets? So if you have em plz mail em to me and ill make a character out of em.

thanx,
    Rui

skitgraves@hotmail.com

i can rip some game sprites if thats what you want to use i am also good at javascript.

email me if you want my help.

Skit??? who are you, and what have you done with Mkit

Hey Rainiercash,

i am your man for the scripting.
    But I need some kind of character-gfx to look how to animate them, u know?

Send them to:

info@mmgraphics.de

Name: Manuel
    Flash-skills: Actionscripting

Just tell me if you are interested.

reiniercash
    no, i'm looking sprites from every game's console or arcade, not only SF i mean. it can be dragon ball z, sailor moon, pickachu, mario, sonic...

where to find an incredible amount of sprites and animated backgrounds:
    http://www.streetmugen.com (french site) (and all mugen site in general, look for them with google)

sprites are in a specific format, but you'll find some progs to convert them in gif or png format. i already have a long list, if you want i can post it.

thanks for your interest anyway ^^

see you soon

Yo trooper,

Im gonna have to start working on the game thats whyy i started the post. Im currently recruiting ppl. But it could be usefull for all of you if you want to see a work of mine a long time ago which was a game attempt. I tried making a dbz game, i tried drawing them and animating them myself. This was just a draft. But trooper can u try turning this into a game? If u think ur up to it mail me. Could be a good test

Rui

Re: url

Originally posted by reiniercash
    http://www23.brinkster.com/nextwebdesign/dbzepv2.html

thats the url
    cool, hehe, it looks like hes irish dancing

How do you attack?

Please remember i did this a long time ago and not very detailed so it doesnt look all that. But its a perfect base i guess for a new game. I think it could be easier making a sprite selection into a game engine then the other way around? If so, trooper can start making this into a game and ill start improving the animations/drawing. If not plz mail me and ill make a whole new sprite selection.

Rui

http://www23.brinkster.com/nextwebdesign/dbzepv3.html thats the newest url, i decided to quickly make a enemy to go with the good guy. So trooper if you could make a game out of this ill make sure that the animations and drawings are state of the art when ur done. What needs to be done?

A healthbar
    A 2p mode
    A 1p mode with AI
    Hit collision detection
    If possible even an energy bar so not to many long range attacks can be done

If you rather have a done game with animations and all before you start your scripting your gonna have to wait a while. If you think you can work on this give me your email and ill tell you where to download the .fla.

Rui

P.S: if your an artist or animator make some sprites of possible characters. I did a dbz character so will be cool if u did the same, someone else is fine as well if you really want to.

P.S.2: Plz post if your interested in joining. We could still use a few ppl.

info@mmgraphics.de

I need the FLA to get the gfx ...

I«ll see what I can do with it then.

Manuel

guys how cool would a straight dbz fight game be?

Any ways does anyone have any tutorials on beat em ups in flash or links coz i'm doing something similar for my final year project, but am gonna use plasma to make the movie clips so it looks 3d.

Ta for help guys