A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: weird linking problem

Smile

guys please i´m dying here, the problem is that when i publish a movie and open the HTML, all that i get is a white a box, i mean it does not link the SWF. BUT if i take both files (html and SWF)and open them in another computer it works fine after i open the HTML. I mean WHAT´S WRONG? i have FlashMX. One thing, my computer has never been conected to the internet, so i´ve never downloaded the flash player. Is it because of that? Should´nt FlashMX automaticly install the player.

Well i don´t really know what´s happening, Please guys i really need you help so bad. i can not test my files. HEElp please.

That is weird. Are you running windows? All windows versions that I know of have at least IE 4 as default. You have to have some kind of browser installed for the flash player to live on. And yes, MX installed the latest version of the player on my machine when I installed it. It was outdated and I had to get an upgrade, but it was there.

Smile ohh ok

i know,i have to go to my flashMx folder then into the players folder and install the SWF player. i dont know why it didn´t install itself the first time, but well, thank you very much .
    iaskwhy