A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scrolling buttons

Hi all, I have a list of about 200 buttons that I would like to scroll. There's one problem though, how do you do that? I've never had to do that so please forgive me. What is the easiest way to scroll a list of buttons on the stage. Thanks.
    Brian

you can have a flow-motion like effect to the row of buttons.
    I could show you in an example fla if you like.
    [Edited by EQFlash on 09-19-2002 at 10:56 PM]

I need some help with a similar function...

I'm building an interface that pulls of data from a mysql database with php and then flash should pull the data from the php file and insert it into a scroll list.

In the falsh movie there are 3 scroll lists.
    The first one contains all cities, 2nd one contains all types and the las one the names.

I would it to interact with the visitor, so the selects the city, and the other scroll lists will update, after that user will select type in second list and this will update the last scroll list. Then user just selects the nane in the last scroll list and a movie clip will load below containig all the data regarding this record.

Every "name" in the mysql database has an encoded url format, this is the url for external movie clip that will load below scroll lists.

I've build all php files needed, but with flash I really don't know how to do this.
    I've tryied to do it with dynamic text and build a custom list, but wasn't able to have needed result.
    Then I've take the one provided in flash 5 library, but don't know where I must modify variables to pull data from the php file...

Please, help me, I must finish this project until the 1st of october... yeah I know, Im in serieous trouble...

Thanks for any help

War_Angel