A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Chromeless window oddity! Anyone ever run into this?

Ok folks so I had my chromeless windows working fine yesterday. Now they still work, but they are not popping up at the right size. It just fills the whole screen. I went to another site to view their chromeless windows sized for 400 x 400 and got the same full screen result.

The only thing I did yesterday was install the windows XP service pack #1. Since then all chromeless window pages I go to pop up full screen. I thought I was losing my mind for a few, but then I went to a friends site and looked at his chromeless window and got the same thing.

Has anyone else run into a problem like this? Does this make any sense to anyone else? It would appear everything is still working, but the sizes are not being acknowledged. Just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. Wierd stuff.

hi ya

I moved this to one of the Help forums as the Design board is for general discussion of design trends and ideas.

Good luck ...and hope its not a XP issue :/

a

My bad...Always posting in the wrong forum.

Yeah I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the service pack, but I can't figure out what else I did. I didn't touch my code. And that would exlain why when I looked at other peoples sites online why it did the same thing.

I'll have to check out the old MSDN in the weeks to come to see if this prob pops up with anyone else.

It is Service pack 1!!

So once I removed service pack 1 everything was ok.

I had to roll back 3 weeks in XP to uninstall Windows Media Player. Apparently the beta is still buggy...go figure

Here is the uninstall info for WMP 9 beta

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-957704.html

Hope they fix this by service pack 2

Windows XP Service Pack 1 is the problem, a fix is avalible on the MS site.

TE