A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: copy frames problem.

this should be an easy thing to do, but for some reason it's not working.
    Here is the deal.
    I made a movie that has 7 scenes. I want to use a scene I created in another movie as one of the scenes, so I went to that movie, did copy frames. And then went back to my main movie, created a new scene and highlighed the first keyframe and did a paste frames.

And it pasted the frames. That should be it, right?

But here is the problem. The frames it pastes are not the final saved version of the scene I copied it from. As soon as I paste them in the new scene for some reason it reverts back to an older version of that scene which I revised. Some of the symbols were changed, but it inserts the old symbol, even though it's no longer in the library as the old symbol. And things with the old symbol don't even line up. I review the frames I am copying and they are correct, but as soon as I paste them somewhere else the older version pastes.
    Can someone please help me?? thanks.

Had you pasted the scene over once maybe before you saved it?

I had this problem the other day and found I had to remove all the symbols that I had imported the first time as they wouldn't update when I tried repasting - hope that helps

C

the scene was saved and it played exactly as it should. I exported it as a swf and it was good. It play the revised version, but if I copy the frames and paste them in a new movie, the old version shows up, even though it was replaced by a newer version and resaved.

b4 you paste in the frames try file / import as library and import the library from the first film and delete any symbols you don't want b4 you paste. That's all I can think of....