A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: omg omg..a ladie's phone number..inside story

FallOut Boy!!
    ok, I'm about to wrap up my college term, and was in the library today doing some work. This really admirable lady comes up and sits beside me...then two of her friends come to sit beside her, just pretending to do work and all. This guy asked her a couple times what she was doing the next couple weekends, and if she would like to go out with him.

Now I kinna wear glasses, and I'm shy, but every now and then when I was doing some work on my computer, i turned to look at her, and she smiled politely.

So, I look at the two guys...him and his friend nudging him on tried all the lines to pick her up. I smiled back to her, and continued working, checking out some cool animations on the web. Then I practiced a few lines of code, and cheap graphic to see how stuff was done.

Anyways, the guy leaves, and I'm like no way can I compete against that. But I took my chance.

First thing I noticed (honestly) was her ring, at first I thought it was a mood ring, so I asked her, she smiled and said no, just a regular ring. So I said oh, a gift from your friend or boyfriend? She smiled and said nope, from myself.

so we started talking a little, I found out that she is from Chile, and is on course here for a few months. She's currently living with relatives here in Canada for taking her course.

Now I glace at her looks now and then, she's got a nice tan, dark hair, very dressy jewlery. Here I am in my jeans, blue muscle shirt ( hardly any muscles) and my nike hat.

so I asked her if she goes out a lot to have fun. She said yes, and so when they left, she smiled and gave me her phone number, and I wrote in my phone number to her phone book too.

I asked her about the two guys, the one talknig with her, she smiled and said that they were in her class..and she didn't want to go out with them.

so I asked if she'd mind going out with me.. she said sure, next week sounds great. I asked her if i can call her. and she said no problem, just not after 10:00 pm, relatives are protective. Now..i'm not very confident, so I wondered if she was playing with me, so i gave the phone number a try, and it was indeed her aunt on the phone.

so i was liek um yea, this is Mike from college, I had a problem with her email because i couldn't understand how it was written...(Barbara did give me her email too) and it was not clear..so, the message is passed, and that she should send the email to me.

went off without a hitch. so when she gets back she'll have the message, and probably a mental aspect of how polite and respective I was to her Aunt. and thanking her too.

--
    well the girl i met today is very nice indeed, im a bit nervous..

so any tips for me for where to take her out? were both college students, mid 20's..?

pics :]

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Be yourself... Though it sounds like some stupid parental shrink line, from your story it sounds like she doesn't go for the cheesy pick up lines and that garbage.

Stay polite, don't act one way (nice and friendly) one minute and then completely different the next.

Don't be shy/nervous (I myself always have a prob with that) She most likely found something attractive in you (inside or out) or else she would have shot you down. So don't think you don't stand a chance she'll know your nervous and then it gets ackward.

Have fun, who gives a sh*t whether she falls in love with you the first date, as long as you both enjoy yourself a second is sure to follow.

Well I'm done for now... later... GOOD LUCK

Thats too long to read! Make it shorter and I will read it.

Originally posted by SLeD
    pics :]
    horny??

FallOut Boy!!
    ok..also i wont think of her as a total goddess, and treat her with respect of her inner beauty, I like to talk, but also like to listen..so I dont want to like take up all the conversation. mayhaps do a little research into Northern Chile? hmmm she did say she was from their

I wont try to impress her, I guess your right, so I'll be natural. but I am really shy, and actually kinna mentioned that, and she seemed to say really?

that was when she gave me her number. alright cool..keep the fk advice going here people..

what do south american cultures do? anything i should look into?

Originally posted by NerdInside
    He asked a girl out on a date, she said yes, he's shy, wants advice, that's about all you need to respond.

Originally posted by flipshark
    Originally posted by NerdInside
    He asked a girl out on a date, she said yes, he's shy, wants advice, that's about all you need to respond.
    Thats all he had to say!!

Go buy a Linux Tux hat, t-shirt, and boxers. Wear them all. She will be turned on!

FallOut Boy!!
    --thread in a nutshell--
    girl rejected two guys better looking than me..i'm no muskateer.

she said yes, and I called to say she wrote down her email wrong..number seems to be legit.

lets say this, my heart is thumping right now, and we were really close when we talked, like close our legs nearly touching, and I walked her to the bus stop at the college

congrats! most men (yes I said men) don't have the nerve to ask a girl out -- the easiest way (& cheapest) is to get pissed and pull for a one-night stand. So power to you, man!

Just be yourself. It is obvious that she liked you in the library wearing a cap, a muscle t-shirt, doing some nerd things on the computer and yet she likes you. There you go -- she is not interested in guys showing off.

"Be cool don't be a fool". Oh and ignore NerdInside, trust me the Tux stuff do not work on women -- he tried it on Chelle and failed!

FallOut Boy!!
    pics? lol

lets say i dont need a picture of her to remember her beauty

Originally posted by MikeInk
    lets say i dont need a picture of her to remember her beauty
    I know what you're talking about.

Good luck with it young grasshopper!

keep the fk advice going here people.
    what... is the fk supposed to be short-hand or sumthin? i allways found alcohol to be a very productive part of dating. oh, leaning about her culture is a good idea too.

what do south american cultures do? anything i should look into?
    I know someone went to Sntiago, Chile. However they could only tell me obvious details.

They speak Spanish, Don't Drink the water, Easter Island is off the coast, that sort of stuff. Very beautiful Country. The far south even almost reaches antarctica so they have penguins (far south).

FallOut Boy!!
    fk=flash kit.

nah she's expecting drunk pick up dates..I want this to be a unique one, because she is very special, I havent' been able to stop thinking about her and we met 5 hours ago..whoah..

in a goood mood now

Originally posted by pondini
    keep the fk advice going here people.
    what... is the fk supposed to be short-hand or sumthin? i allways found alcohol to be a very productive part of dating. oh, leaning about her culture is a good idea too.
    FK stands for FLASH KIT,
    FLASHKIT BEING THE NAME OF THE WEBSITE!

I'll through this in now too, FK'er means a person using flashkit.

FallOut Boy!!
    just spent 20 or so minutes talking with her..lol ok mikee
    calm down. she's gonna call me back when its less busy at her house..so in a couple hours, brother's friend called, and they had to interrupt the call ugg lol..so she said she'll call me in a bit..

Just be yourself.

FallOut Boy!!
    were both the same age w00t

i thought the fk was a freudian slip lol. first of all, dont talk about this thread and leave you bullets at home, i assume you wont have a problem with that, seein' you've been thinking about her all day i'm just kidding friend, its nice to see innocent exitement these days.