A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help With Vertical scrolling dynamic text that can be seperate clickable links.

resolved

Can someone help me please?

I am wondering how to make a movie clip that contains automatic vertical scrolling dynamic text(from an external .txt file)

I dont want to press buttons to scroll text, I need it to be constantly scrolling, then loop once the text has been read from the external txt file.

I also require each line of the dynamic text to be clickable links that will take each line of text to a specific link.

Can anyone help me with this, I would be really grateful for any instructions?

Thanks

Michael

some more questions

I want to add another question thread...)

i know how to include links for browsers a href="" method but no idea for hyperlinks

is it possible to link a text to a specific frame within the same movie?

Um.

1. You could have auto scrolling text by having a function that cuts off the first line and plonks it at the end in a two frame MC.

2. Making the text box HTML would allow you to have links.

3. You can use "< a href="asfunction:..." to hyperlink to various Flash jobbies.

hmmmm! can you explain this to me please? I am a bit of a newbie with actionscripting so need all the help i can get!

Thanks.

Ive uploaded a zip file containing fla and swf i found which shows vertical scrolling text. However if i move any of the graphics and text field clips around the stage the text cannot be seen anymore. why is this? can you put all of the items on the main stage in a movie clip so i can resize and move the scroller around the stage?? I tried this but again the text disapeared when i exported the movie? Is this due to the x + y co ordinates in the scripting?

How can you adjust the size of this scroller without this happening?

Can the scrolling text be taken from an external file and each line of text be a seperate hyperlink?

Follow this link (copy and paste it into your browser window, DONT click on it):

http://www.geocities.com/freeeky/vert_scrolltext.zip

Thanks again

take a look here it has many examples of what i am after:

http://www.bettingzone.co.uk

thanks

Banned
    No Flash movies there?

if you are after the zip file i uploaded u have to copy and paster the url into the browser window. clicking on the link wont work.

The scrollers on the website i mentioned are not in flash, but i would like to create the samne functionality in flash.

especially the 'HOT OFF THE PRESS ' window that scrolls and each line contains a different link.

Thanks

bump