A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing .mov to flash w/sound?

High on Life!!!!!
    I wanted to import a quicktime movie that has sound (a music video) into flash. It imports but tells me it can't import the sound. Obviously its not much of a music video without the music! its in .mov format. I'm just learning from the Flash MX Video book and using Disturbed's Prayer video that came with the new cd. Any ideas?
    TIA
    Elemental

Are you using Spark to import? If so, make sure the "import sound" check box is marked.

Otherwise, this may be an issue of your machine not having the proper sound codec installed to interpret. Open the movie in Quicktime and check the info tab to see what kind of sound codec was used.

5G

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    Many Quicktime videos use protected audio that won't convert.
    If the file has protected audio you'll have to convert it to something else before bringing it into Flash.

jb
    http://www.wildform.com

High on Life!!!!!
    WEll its says sorenson video 3 with sound at IMA 4:1 stereo 48 KHZ 16 bit..??? What can I do?

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    Do you have some software such as QT Pro, Cleaner, Premiere, or something else that you could quickly try re-encoding the video into another file and see if that solves your problem?
    jb
    http://www.wildform.com

High on Life!!!!!
    I've got Premiere 6.0 but does it take .mov files? I didn't see an option for it.....

Wildform Moderator
    It should - definitely.

High on Life!!!!!
    Ok I've got it into .avi and when I import i have the import sound option checked. If I play form within flash no sound. I guess I should publish it and have sound that way?
    Thanks for all your help and patience guys

High on Life!!!!!
    I got it in with sound and such. Playin round and seein what I can do. Thanks to all who replied. This, along with Were-here and th erain.com board is tha cat's ass. I love this place!