A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: got squeezed into doing free 1st phase of web site

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    http://www.eurotac.es/index.html

we got pushed into doing this work for budgetary reasons on the clietn side. they had gone seriously over budget on a big cd rom project that we did for them.

so to aid the client relationship we folded ...

The Minister of No Crap

What kind of client is this? Is it a new one or one that you've known for a while? Did you get a contract?

-scott

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    hi Scott

we know this client well. we did a big cd rom project for them which ended up going over budget. the are very happy with our work and production times.

we are know considered there digital communicacion suppliers.

we got the usual do this for us free and get the next batch of work from us ... line !!

to cut a long story short i made the desicion that the potential upside is worth the risk of a weeks work for free. plus some additional travel expenses for client visiting (client in madrid, 600km away)

strangely enough for the clietn i insisted on them signing a contract for this free site.

and we are know negociating prices for phase 2 and 3.

phase 2 is integrating a local area database onto the web.

eurotac fix broken mobile phones, adn with a id number form the web clients will be able to see were is there mobile in the fixing production line, i.e, a static read only db.

phase 3 is writable db for change of address for delivery of fixed mobil and some other stuff.