A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do create a 3D earth on Flahs mx

someone know how to do it? have to use any type of software to create it? thank you

It depends upon what kind of effect you're looking for. You can use a program called swift to animate a spinning sphere and export it from swift as a flash .swf file. Or you can move a string of continants so that they move slowly across the screen and loop them. Behind them put a circle with a radial fill that has a lighter color in the center and the center of the fill of to the top left or right, then add a circle mask in front of them so that it appears as if the earth or whatever planet you're doing is spinning.

Originally posted by karidee
    It depends upon what kind of effect you're looking for. You can use a program called swift to animate a spinning sphere and export it from swift as a flash .swf file. Or you can move a string of continants so that they move slowly across the screen and loop them. Behind them put a circle with a radial fill that has a lighter color in the center and the center of the fill of to the top left or right, then add a circle mask in front of them so that it appears as if the earth or whatever planet you're doing is spinning.
    m... in my idea i'll like to create the earth can feel it is round and in site the earth is transparent. or u have any recommend what kin of software can create like this design and export it to swf file? than you

theres a relatively new software package out there...but it requires you to do some serious learning!

its discreets "Plasma" - theres a demo available from their website.

In there, they have a tutorial that creates a spinning globe with text wrapping around it - use these tuts to learn the program. Then you can ahem, "borrow" the spinning globe.

http://www.discreet.com - it think this is the address

Lee

weird that you ask this because i *just* finished making a 3d model of the earth in 3d studio max. 3DS Max is the signature 3D program produced by discreet, the recent release of plasma is discreet's attempt at braeking into the production for web market and while i have yet to give plasma a go, I have been anxious to do so given my experience with 3DS Max. i should tell you first off, if you are looking to create something realistic looking like this:
    you are not going to want to expect people to wait for this to download. my rotating earth took 100 frames to make a full rotation and it jacked my swf up to 4.5MB... way too large. i suggest you try the plasma trial as suggested below and if you've ever fuddled with 3d programs, it should be relatively easy. otherwise, find yourself some tutorials!

just to add to that, Plasma will not let you create such great looking effects (it is great, really!) It needs you to actually have a vector graphic to use - if u want it to look as good as above, you may need 3D Studio Max

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time and just today found an quick solution for my needs. In the Movies:Applications:Widgets section of this site is a .fla of a whole bunch of widgets.

http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Inter...-246/index.php

There is a globe perfect for what I was trying to accomplish. Download the .fla and open it up. Click once on the globe and copy it. Open a new file, paste and viola.

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

CFDaddy

Originally posted by cfdaddy
    I've been trying to figure this out for a long time and just today found an quick solution for my needs. In the Movies:Applications:Widgets section of this site is a .fla of a whole bunch of widgets.

http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Inter...-246/index.php

There is a globe perfect for what I was trying to accomplish. Download the .fla and open it up. Click once on the globe and copy it. Open a new file, paste and viola.

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

CFDaddy
    yes~! i'm looking for that earth in side is transparent. but it look like run too fast. do u know how do create it at 3D in flash?