dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: effects

Don't know if my explanation here is going to make much sense, but here goes :

I've made a few "elements" for my site, like boxes with buttons and banners and so forth.
    What I want to do is get them to arrive on the stage in a really cool way...maybe a line scrolls in then expands to form a menu....

One of the things I'd really like to be able to do is to make each element flash brightly like 2advanced did. (yeah I know most people are fed up with the mere mention of this site). If you have no idea what I'm talking about.....something like this...an faded block slides in...as soon as it reaches its destination it blinks white and fades into what it actually is (be it a banner or button)

Now are there any tutorials for this or anyone that can explain?

Thanks!

fk's official minger
    whats i does, is i speed my frame rate waaay up to 30 fps and then i fade in the flashy things, say over 5 keyframes then make tons of keyframes. one with a tint of white (100%) then one with 0% alpha right next to each other (no tweening) -alternate these for as long as you want the flickering to go on.

louise

I think I understand what it is you want to do but I wasn't 100% so I knocked up a Flash movie.

http://www.sir.sixx.dsl.pipex.com/stuff/flaforu.htm

if its what you have in mind you can download the fla and look at how I did it.
    This may not be the best way but it's one way at least.

Hope this helps

Sir Sixx

thanks for that man!
    I downloaded the fla and its sort of what I want, I suppose I'd speed up my fps for the look I want.

No problem.

Glad I could help, even if it just starts your brain working in the right direction.

Sir Sixx