A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloader problems from a Newbie.. (more).

I have a movie that basically loads a number of other movies in it (6). For some reason I can't get the movies to preload. I have tried the If (_framesloaded thing up to level6, but for some reason it just doesn't work.

In frame 1 I have:
    IF (_framesloaded and _level2:_framesloaded and ...)
    Goto and Stop (12)

ELSE
    Goto and play (1)

Frame 12 is where I have the other movies. Now as I look at it, It's some what of an infinate loop, because in frame 1 it's trying to load levels that aren't there.

How do I preload those movies?

If you want to lool at my site, then visit: http://ww.dentrix.com/ddo

My other question is when I publish a flash animation and access it via the web it caches the .swf somewhere. If I make any chages to that animation, then if I try and look at it again via the web it keeps calling the old animation. Are the .swf files caching on the Internet Server and not on my workstation?

This message board is awesome. I can't wait until I can contribute more

------------------
    "I break bones and I break spirits. That's what I do. If you step into my world you'll step out a loser. I guarantee it" -Frank Shamrock

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

The answer is to put a load movie command in frame 1 of the base movie that loads just the movie for level1. Make sure you put a stop action in that frame. Now in the movie you are loading put a pre loader that checks to see if the movie is loaded. Using the if statement tell it to goto next frame in level0 and to go to a specified empty frame with a stop action init so the playhead will not show the movie. In the next frame have a command to load the movie into level2 and continue the proccess untill you have all the levels done. In the last movie when its loaded just have it tell all the movies to play. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>