dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: photoshop6

ok, new problem. im slicing some boxes out of a pic, and one of those boxes has 2 boxes sliced within it. i want to save these boxes selectivly (i dont want the 2 boxes within the box) i understand the slice selection tool, and shift+click to cherry-pick slices, but when i save them, the slice lines are extended and chop-up my selections.

i just want to save this layer with the areas i select only. it kinda like swiss chees, and i want to save the holes.

Planet Claire Embassator herr_dada's Avatar
    so you have like a filled layer and want to do some transparent holes in it? and you want to save the holes?? (I'm sorry this was what i understood, if not explain better)

when you have a layer, the transparency, is saved in a "hidden" alpha channel, so if you want to get that selection back just ctrl+click in pc, command+click in mac on the layer icon, in the layer palette... I hope this is what you seek...
    [Edited by herr_dada on 09-25-2002 at 06:57 PM]

i just want to save a few squares of the layer and discard the rest of the layer..... i cant figure it out.

i did save the slices via "save to web" as .gif. then when i open them, they are locked and i cant drag them to my other pallet

so if what you are saying is that you cant had new layers, it's because the is saved as indexed mode, which doesnt support layers, go to image>mode>rgb

i dont know how you knew that, but thanx, it solved it. very cool of you to help me

no prob. i like to help ppl (must be due some bad karma in my past lifes ), and besides problems with indexed mode are very frequent. You can't imagine how many times that kind of stuff happened to me... hehehe I just stood there looking at it and think, "wtf???"