A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: women and wedding rings...??

think as rings being a registration code to a piece of software, if you don't have it then you can play around with with, can't learn more, and definitly can't become more talented, heh

then theres some that just try and get it for free, but realize that it wasn't as great as the one you bought
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

well this discussion on wedding rings have been really relaly REALLY interesting. and although i know a lot about women, i feel that every woman is different and unique. They all not appeal to everything, but they all have one thing in common.. and i will share this with you my palz, it is that they all love sensitive guys one part of their time or another. in conclusion, its harder to find a babe who's got an amazin personality, than a babe who's sm0king h0t.
    * I could be banned at any time... [/evp]

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Originally posted by gshock
    well this discussion on wedding rings have been really relaly REALLY interesting. and although i know a lot about women, i feel that every woman is different and unique. They all not appeal to everything, but they all have one thing in common.. and i will share this with you my palz, it is that they all love sensitive guys one part of their time or another. in conclusion, its harder to find a babe who's got an amazin personality, than a babe who's sm0king h0t.
    Guys who say they know alot about women crack me up ...
    "My father likes to delete things from the Windows System directory because he's convinced that's where the swap file lurks. I have to reinstall Windows 95 almost every day." from Computer Stupidities
    Nobody's perfect ... I am nobody ... therefore ...
    Did you hear about the pirate movie that's in theaters now? It's rated "Aaaarrrrr!"...
    All your base are belong to them?
    Vision in Video

Originally posted by LanSite
    Guys who say they know alot about women crack me up ...
    why lanny?

its hard to know something your not...do you know anything about cats..what they feel?..get my drift
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

Excavating for a mine,

Originally posted by gshock
    why lanny?
    When was the last time you woke up and discovered you were a woman? Vatcher has it spot on!
    "My father likes to delete things from the Windows System directory because he's convinced that's where the swap file lurks. I have to reinstall Windows 95 almost every day." from Computer Stupidities
    Did you hear about the pirate movie that's in theaters now? It's rated "Aaaarrrrr!"...
    Vision in Video

This is an interesting thread.

While I tend to agree with Lannie and others that it really shouldn't matter, I think in a way it does.

The ring is a symbol of your love, dedication, and also willingness to sacrifice for her. If you think she is only worth sacrificing a $1,000 ring for when you have a triple digit salary, it does seem to make a rather lame statement on the mans part. I feel it comes down to what you can afford and what she means to you. (and that's exactly how she will interpret it as well).

My best friend just got married a month ago. He makes decent bank, not rich, but does well to live comfortably. He is also known to our circle of friends as being extremely cheap and frugal...The type of person who literally will spend 10 minutes in a hardware store comparing the $1.49 caulk gun to the $1.99 one and wondering why one is 50 cents more. She is the same way, very cheap and dollar-conscious. They both drive me nuts like that, and I refuse to go shopping with them, lol.
    To my amazement, the engagement ring he bought her is probably the most brilliant and clear diamond I've ever seen, he obviously spared no expense on it. I'm not even a woman and I almost envy it

Things like that (to me) show how classy of a person you really are. You can be cheap and clip coupons every day and build your fortune that way, but for something that SHOULD be a once-in-a-lifetime purchase for somone you are wanting to spend your life with, why not go all-out and get the best you can comfortably afford?

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Originally posted by KLTdesigns5869
    The ring is a symbol of your love, dedication, and also willingness to sacrifice for her.
    maybe, But I think the time I took care of her when she was really sick and kept puking on me meant more than metal and a rock.

Or maybe the night or 2 I spent in a hospital waiting room.

Or maybe the nights I stayed up with her while she was studying or working.

Or disregarding my own desires and needs for her.

All of those before marriage even entered our minds.

But ever woman is different. As all people are different.

I know a fellow that spent well over 10 grand on an engagement ring. He sleeps around. she sleeps around. their kids pop lots of prescription drugs.
    Last edited by TallGuyLittleCar; 10-01-2002 at 10:12 PM.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Excavating for a mine,

Originally posted by KLTdesigns5869
    This is an interesting thread.

While I tend to agree with Lannie and others that it really shouldn't matter, I think in a way it does.

The ring is a symbol of your love, dedication, and also willingness to sacrifice for her. If you think she is only worth sacrificing a $1,000 ring for when you have a triple digit salary, it does seem to make a rather lame statement on the mans part. I feel it comes down to what you can afford and what she means to you. (and that's exactly how she will interpret it as well).

I guess in some way it does ~ else why would I be coming back to this thread so much (other than to actually see guys say: "I know alot about women" )

For me the wedding ring is what I learned it to be ... eternity - a circle - no end ... precious metals - strength - but that's just me When we got around to getting a ring - we designed it ourselves - that has value to me - the fact we did it together ...

And the size of teh stones didn't make any difference to me - they probably made a bigger difference to hubby than to me ... I like understated and elegant - he learned that I like understated and elegant

With some people I know - for the men - it's sort of a pissing contest - who can get their wife the bigger rock - whoo. Boy that means alot, eh? (I'm not saying all men are like that - just saying that I know a few like that ) ...

Vision in Video

Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    maybe, But I think the time I took care of her when she was really sick and kept puking on me meant more than metal and a rock.

Or maybe the night or 2 I spent in a hospital waiting room.

Or maybe the nights I stayed up with her while she was studying or working.

Or disregarding my own desires and needs for her.

All of those before marriage even entered our minds.

But ever woman is different. As all people are different.

I know a fellow that spent well over 10 grand on an engagement ring. He sleeps around. she sleeps around. their kids pop lots of prescription drugs.
    That's very romantic..... lemme guess... ur not single

TGLC, you're absolutely right, and surely she appreciates that kind of stuff. Those are the kinds of situations that create the bond that leads to marriage, and later occur within marriage.
    We all know that spending any amount of money won't make or break a marriage, my point was simply if she means a lot to you, then show what she means to you in a more permanent fashion.

I would bet that the next time she pukes, she probably isn't thinking of how great you are, or how great you were the last time she puked on you...but when she looks at her finger at the next dinner party, she is reminded of how special you are, and your willingness to stand by her through thick and thin.

It's a symbol, thats it. If you give her something she's proud to display, she will love you that much more for it in the long run. (not to be confused with greed).