A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: From FlashGuru,Jyndas and Mad-Sci

Senior Moderator

Question For FlashGuru,Mad-Sci,Jyndas And Everyone Else

FlashGuru,Jyndas And Mad-Sci Are Teaming Up To Create Some Great Games And Tutorials For You Flashers Now All We Want To Know Is What Games Do You Want To See???

Remember All Games Will Have A Tutuorial
    Please Post Your Requests Here, The Most popular Will Be Made First and we Would Prefer Classic Arcade Games ie.asteroids,pacman,spyhunter and pitfall

Thanks FlashGuru(Moderator Games & Actionscript)
    Mad-Sci (Senior Member)
    Jyndas(Moderator Sounds And Music)

Im getting the pacman. Im crazy bout it. Here Im giving you an example of repelent walls. Ill be putting the file down soon so hurry up. I think its working preaty good. Post here if you see any bugs. On the scene only 3MC the pacman, horizontal brick and vertical brick. Now having those you can copy/paste to do the maze.
    http://savco.virtualave.net/fLASH/collision/pacman.swf
    Mad-Sci

Cats Moo!

Wink Mad-Sci

Will you send me the fla file for that pac man game? I think it has alot of stuff in it that i dont know. It could help me just the way it is. I would also like to see what it looks like when it's done. But so far so good. Keep up the good work.

Hi Chrisell, the code is still mess. of cource I will give up the code to everyone the important thing is not the code by itself rather than the strategie the best way to do the stuff. May be it looks very complicated but you will be surprised to see how simple is in fact. It will be better after FlashGuru does some corrections and optimisation. As he sad coplete tutorial about path finding once released there will be no boundaries for us Flashers.
    Mad-Sci
    PS I am not a prof. and Flash is only a hobby for me if I can do it you can as well that is for shure.

Cow Icon spelling

It's jydnas
    -----------------------------

So you want to do Pac Man?
    That's cool.

Ill try at least if I get stuck ill rely on you guys.
    Mad-sci

Cats Moo!

Post A question

What other flash resorce page do you use & how can i find outt how to do stuff with the x and y coornates? How do you make the keys move an object, ect....? Where can i find questions like those out?

Any multi player games in flash?

Senior Moderator

Red face

I Am In The Process Of Creating Pong For four players
    More To Come Too!!!

GO PACMAN!!!

Man, this site has become a bit of a magnet 4 me lately
    The stuff i have seen here that you guys did is inspiring, it makes me jealous!

I'm trying like hell to to learn the action script approach, it's not just the verbatim and syntax that gets me wrong, it's comprehending how to identify and evaluate things in a quantitative way.

I can't wait 4 the script site FlashGuru mentioned, i think it will be a good resource [thanx FG ]

Right now i'm in a bugger of a situation. I have to figure out a simple racing game, like one I remember from years ago. I think it was enduro or F1. Birds eye view of road, two solid vert lines around 3 dotted. Steering is left and right [i want 2 use keys] to dodge other cars.

I think I can do it with a speed variable that moves all relevant clips down screen, need object collision etc but don't know how. Can someone help me with some script, I'm screwed by Wed [today is Sun, this is my 1st game].

Anything i discover i will inform of.

vnomad@excite.com

Senior Moderator
    I Can Help You Mate!! I Have Done A Racer Before Its Not As Simple As You Make It Out To Be!!!

Smile

cool. so very very cool.

hey, y'know what goes around, comes around!

k, so i'm no brilliant java scripter or even action scripter, but i am learning [both hopefully] and i am an artist, k i suppose, and i can help those who help me with maybe sprites or cartoons, icons?

we should all do what we can to help this community, its free, it's friendly and it saves some peoples bottoms from paying a short sharp trip to smacky land

ps if i start making stuff that actually works, think i might change my name to count.zero, see how much abuse i get