A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Check it out...(if you want too)

I do realize this is double posted in the sound forum. That's regarding sound across mult scenes.

Just wanted to post is here since I recieved some really great feedback in AnA. I thought people may be interested in seeing the latest version.
    http://members.shaw.ca/terries/Temp/Movie190.html

And since we're on the topic of latest verions I'll post the latest version of MadGenius:
    http://members.shaw.ca/terries/Temp/Movie40.html

on the last music loop it's when Benny use to chase the women and the film was speeded up, maybe worth seeing if you could do the same.

Love the cow bike..

The only music that does not fit the scene to me is the first one when she is walking up and makes the face. It fit while they are on the bike though. the rest of the songs fit well though. The music added a lot to the animation. Nice choice of music for the part where he is riding the bike and it is slow, it made it funnier.
    I think it feels better since you took out the long blur scene. The animation has a nicer pace.

I really like The Benny Hill show. I just got two greatest hits dvds. I like the Hills Angels.

Originally posted by toony
    on the last music loop it's when Benny use to chase the women and the film was speeded up, maybe worth seeing if you could do the same.
    Yes, that would be original.

Does anyone smell the sarcasm?
    Just joking. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    [Edited by CartoonLarry on 09-27-2002 at 01:12 AM]

Thanx for the comps and responses.

toony I did consider the Benny Hill sequence. There's still more animation to do. So i may do it as the credits roll at the end. Altho I can't remeber if they just sped the film up. Or used a stop motion technique. Something to keep in mind

CL great suggestion. I thought the polka music was a bit to long. And that would be the perfect spot to break it off. I'll see what I can find. I am experimenting with setting mood. And watching alot of old Looney Tunes episodes.

Here is a link to a lot of royalty free music and sound effects.
    http://www.animationnation.com/links2.htm#A

There are tons of great links on the page.
    It is a nice resource for those who are unable to create their own music. Also a lot of great animation links there too.

I know you are just fooling around with the Benny Hill stuff, but if you were going to submit something to an animation festival. It would be nice to have something you don't have to pay a licensing fee.

Don't mind me, I am just a worry wart.

Wow, thanx for that link!!!
    There's a whole lot more there than sound resources.

I don't really plan on using too many of the sound files for anything comercial. Even teh midi files are copyright to there respective artists. Just experimenting really.

I'd be willing to pay for a decent sound cd. If I could find one that suits what I need. Most I've come across are techno based. Or just don't work for me. I'll chek those links tho.

I'm also tryng to network more with sound artists, like Geoff Edwards. One of the members here. But then again who isn't

Thanx again

I play several instruments. Guitar, Bass, Keys and I program electronic music(Looping). I also used to sing in a Band and I can do wacky voices. I don't don't do it professionally, I do it to have fun. I have been playing music for over 20 years. If you have something interesting that you are working on feel free to drop me an e-mail with a link to it. If I can't do what you are looking for, maybe I can direct to someone who can.

Today I am recording dialog for a screenplay I had written. I have the storyboards completed and I am going to be recording the theme music in a few weeks.
    It is going to be a series of 10 or so episodes. I am hoping to have some of them done by the end of the month. You will be able to check out my voice work and music when it is completed.

I did a mixed media crappy B movie sci fi thing. It took me 30 hours total from script to screen (I know it looks like it too. LOL). I decided not to complete it because people complained that it took too long to download and it does not play correctly on older windows media players. I figured I would mention it, so you don't make the same mistake in the future publishing your stuff in .wmv format.

Since the mixed media thing was such a disaster. I decided to put more time into the production I am currently working on. Wish me luck.

toony, I apoligize for the previous post where I was rude. Sometimes I just react instead of think. After I read it, I felt bad. I hope you can accept my apology.

Originally posted by CartoonLarry
    toony, I apoligize for the previous post where I was rude. Sometimes I just react instead of think. After I read it, I felt bad. I hope you can accept my apology.
    Still not talking to you....you're off my xmas card list, so there..

Don't worry about it I can take it, the idea wasn't original I know, just thought it would be fun seeing it in a toon.

that old woman scares me *shudder*

Well I'm glad you two have made up.

Thanx again for he links. Found some great sounds to use. May even have an update before this thread goes waaaay down to the bottom.

Good luck on your project CL.
    Wash My Dirty Mouth

Megatoon,

I was wanting to know if you would check out an animation that I did.
    I wanted your opinion on the lip synching. It is very limited animation. I can't post the link, because the cartoon is of an adult nature. I could e-mail you the URL. It is not really that graphic or anything. I just don't feel it would not be appropriate to post, because there are a lot of younger people that visit this board.
    Let me know and I will send you the URL.
    Thank you

Ya no problem, megatoon@shaw.ca
    Wash My Dirty Mouth

I sent the URL.