A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: editing imported swf's from squeeze

hi,
    what i need to do is import an SWF that i have created from sorenson squeeze into flash so i can edit this, ive tried various times but it wont work.... is there a way of imprting a file into flash from sorenson and then be able to breakit apart to edit it? or do i have to do it a different way?!

cheerz

Originally posted by Adover
    hi,
    what i need to do is import an SWF that i have created from sorenson squeeze into flash so i can edit this, ive tried various times but it wont work.... is there a way of imprting a file into flash from sorenson and then be able to breakit apart to edit it? or do i have to do it a different way?!

cheerz
    You cant just import it using File -> Import. Load it in to a movie clip...either by name, or by layer. That is the only way to do it. However, you will not really be able to edit (i think) as it is just loading the movie by AS.
    Output your movies to FLV, then you can use the import command to open them.

You need to export to flv format in squeeze and then import to library in flash. You can't break anything apart but you can add anything on top of your video (on a different layer...)