A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Jonathan_B Help! Wildform conversion looks terrible

Hybrid View

I am having problems converting a mov to flash - i purchased wildform a week ago and the output is terrible and without sound. The video quality of the original is excellent but I really dont know what I am doing because every version I make (some take a hour!) look bad.

This will be for CD distribution and will be part of a flash presentation that will play this part.

Invested a lot of time and money into putting this together and counted on Wildform to tie it together so HELP please I ahve read your tutorials etc nd use exactly the parameters to create CD version but yuk - it comes out bad.

Thanks
    Craig

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    What is the codec of the source and where did you get the source video?
    If you are not getting audio, there is a good chance that you are using an .mov with protected audio and Flix cannot encode it. You would need to convert the .mov to another format prior to encoding to get the audio. But I'm not certain that is your problem without looking at the file.
    You should be able to get a great looking output. What settings are you using? It sounds like you are doing something that is affecting the output - especially if it's taking an hour to encode. How long is the source video anyway?
    My suggestion to you is to start using one of the MX video presets (such as the CD preset) and switch the option to 2-pass VBR in the video tab. Then work from there to adjust settings to get where you want.
    If you can post a sample of the file (or email it to me if it is smaller than 5MB) you are working with, I will download it and take a look to tell you what the situation is with the audio and the quality. And I can send you back encoding recommendations.
    You may also contact our technical support at http://www.wildform.com/support.
    jb
    http://www.wildform.com

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. I am trying a new version now but has taken 45mins already - I am going to buy QT pro and see if that helps. The file is 80meg I can upload it to a web server but that may not help. I thought I would have a problem with size but the swf from wildfrom is about 1/4 which is good. I will update in a little bit thanks for the help

Wildform Moderator
    If you upload I'll download it
    But 80 MB is large, so it may take a little while. Or you can upload just a piece of it and that would make things faster on both ends.
    One thing you can do is to save an .flx file with your settings (just set your settings and click File>Save Settings as and then send me that .flx file so I can see what settings you are using.
    It sounds like something is not right.
    Send it to jb@wildform.com

jb
    http://www.wildform.com

Ok -

Thanks I will do that - I am now trying QT pro to convert it so I get sound. Then I will try again and send you the settings

thanks again

Converted to AVI

I converted the Mov to an AVI but it really degraded - still wish I could take the original mov and convert it using wildform. Thought it would a peice of cake but now with no audio I am not sure I can even use wildform at this point 0

thanks any ideas I would appreaciate.

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    Did the audio come out with the AVI? If so, that will tell you that the problem with the audio had to do with the protected audio in the .mov.
    Once again, I need to see the source to tell you what the problem is with your audio. And I need to see your settings in order to tell you why the image is not coming out the way you want.
    You can re-encode the .mov without losing much quality. It all depends on the settings you use in QT Pro.
    jb

AVI

yes the audio came out but the video was terrible as avi- I converted it to DV and and now trying a wildform conversion.

See how that looks - i will also take about a minute of the video and save it for you to look at -

Thanks again - pressures deadlines video problems ahhh must be friday afternoon,....

lol

craig