A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SO YOU THINK YOU"RE A GRAPHIC DESIGNER...

I know I know... :)

Originally posted by Darryl B
    My personal opinion

Its too cluttered, and on my p2-400 tnt 2ultra pc with cable modem it loads fast but navigation and the feel for it all is not there.

Its itneresting and had me think though
    I suck what can I say... heehee Yeah it is too cluttered... I've tried to fill it up with graphics for the moment but soon it will be all good. I'm working on content as we speak. I'm gonna be harassing yoo next update so look out!

Nerd-Caster
    Just had to add my two cents... Your use of fonts may be a bit much for some, but It adds to the base sense of conformity through confusion (a little home page feng-su perhaps?). And also, the grey-scale usage is great, and the blue seems to set up a calm background feeling.... Ok, I'm going on the emotional feel I got out of it, instead of the pure astestics, but it looked intresting if you just got the speed down. Lots of luck

Rick

"member : URL Protection program"

:)

What's up... Hey did ya get a chance to see the new revisions? I've completely reworked the site... check it out and tell me what yo think. Thanks!

The Phattest Bwoy at Flashkit
    Yo fragie i sent you a mail of my review just like ya asked.
    Mind reviewing mine? it is at the Site Check section. It is called "Attention Flashers! Major Update to phatdesigner.cjb.net" would really appreciate it

Firmly Fastened to the Milk Sac of Misanthropy

No Critique

Fragile,

I know you're looking to ditch the free site route, but until you do, you should check out http://www.angelcities.com . It's free webhosting with no banners/ads, 50Mb of space, and they accept FTP uploads... you gotta dig it.

Cheers,
    Sem.

Greybro -- Can I take a peek at that site you two were talking about earlier? I'm a little blocked and could use some eye-candy to keep me going.
    [Edited by Sem on 10-25-2000 at 05:02 AM]

Check This Out Sem

Here's a guaranteed cure for designers block

http://www.coolhomepages.com

Regards,
    Greybro

good design

Very good job so far. the only critism that I have is about the speed. You have to many objects moving on the screen at once, it just might be a little too cluttered. I am running a PII 500, 64 MB of Ram and is was quite slow. Hopes this info helps a little.

Re: good design

Originally posted by metatexsolutions
    Very good job so far. the only critism that I have is about the speed. You have to many objects moving on the screen at once, it just might be a little too cluttered. I am running a PII 500, 64 MB of Ram and is was quite slow. Hopes this info helps a little.
    thanks ma brutha... I'm gonna try an work it out. Preshiate the comment... would ya mind checkin out this link an tellin me whatcha think?

http://www.geocities.com/poopie_c/krzko.html

caithness massiv
    i checked out the revisions... pretty solid

TURN YOUR FRAMERATE UP!!! ok, now that that's out of the way, get this...

on your intro, you should turn the other background sound off (from your main site) because it's a little confusing (at first, i thought i only had one browser window open, and it was strange...)

but more than anything else, speed it up and get rid of the useless animations that will destruct an already slow computer!

up? they're already at 30

Originally posted by agent vivid
    i checked out the revisions... pretty solid

TURN YOUR FRAMERATE UP!!! ok, now that that's out of the way, get this...

on your intro, you should turn the other background sound off (from your main site) because it's a little confusing (at first, i thought i only had one browser window open, and it was strange...)

but more than anything else, speed it up and get rid of the useless animations that will destruct an already slow computer!
    Yoo think I should push them higher? Let me know what's up... possible entire new interface up-and-coming so we'll see...

caithness massiv
    if you're already at 30, then maybe you should think about making those animations go a little faster and use less frames...

hmmmm
    not a bad insight... I however believe it a much better idea to spread the site out... A LOT! After yoors and a few other comments... I was struck by lightening. Let me tell yoo... that hurts like a *****. I don't recommend it. SO My empiphany spawned new concepts for the navigation of my site... back towards my simpler colors and the like... I do hope yoo like it when I've finished... I'll be workin it this weekend. Mad luv

Re: No Critique

Haha ma brutha... I'm checkin out a new page like yoo suggested for ma new additions... Thanks for the input. PEACE!

Nice but slow

Page is cool but it seems kinda slow..like the frames are set at 1fps.

caithness massiv
    i'm lookin forward to seeing it

Yeah ma brutha,
    I'm all about yer input when I get it going... that is if I don't shoot myself before then! My life has been so hectic I haven't had the opportunity in forever to work on it. PEACE I"M OUT!