dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash and Quicktime...??

I have this new site... http://www.intertechdesigns.com/Photoshop-Radio I'm planning on having a bunch of free video tutorials on all kinds of various programs... I hoping I could make me a nice Flash Interface using FlashMX and call up the various videos I have and they would play... Like they do in a HTML document... That meaning they would have to stream and have the Quicktime Player tool bar to fast forward and move around in the video itself...I'd rather not have to covert them to Flash video but just use the Quicktime format they are already in... Is this something that can even be done?... Or do you have any suggestions as to how I might go about it without having a popup HTML document with the embedded Quicktime movie in it?

Any help or maybe a site that has done something similar would be most appreciated....

Thanks... Kevin

You could use frames and have the QT movie come up right on the page if you want to keep the QT format. There are many threads in this forum that discuss the Flash component that emulates the QT control bar when using Flash video, so I won't go digging for the links.