A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: rendering too slow!!!

rendering too slow!!!

Hi, I'm rendering a logo, (the one of the other post), and in raster, it is very fast, but the quality when i import it to flash mx is horrible!!, and in vector, it spents like 2 minutes per frame, and is just a simple animation with reflection .

and my pc is not so bad

p4 1.6 gb
    360 mb ram
    vid card: tnt2 32 mb

is this a bug
    or my computer is too old?
    -MX-
    Macromedia Xpanded

sounds bout right, anyone knows that if you import a raster image into flash its gonna look like crap, unless you can clean it up changing the settings of the image, but the best part is to render out in vector,better quality
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

slow render speeds depend on how complex the scene is, and if your talking about the file i sent ya then theres lots of shadows and stuff you got to worry about when rendering so that takes even more time
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

ok, then i'll wait

tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-

ckilnnn

done
    -MX-
    Macromedia Xpanded

Raster vs Vector

I notice that Raster outputs are faster than
    Vector. I am not sure. But I am sure Optimaze
    can cure all your headaches after you get a
    Vector export done.

Cheers

Originally posted by Vatcher
    anyone knows that if you import a raster image into flash its gonna look like crap, unless you can clean it up changing the settings of the image, but the best part is to render out in vector,better quality
    This is an erroneous statement. I agree that the .SWF raster output has some questionable edges. The .PNG raster output, however, is quite clean and impressive in it's clarity and ability to flawlessly import into Flash. Oddly enough, Swift3D V3 has some of the best .PNG output that I have ever seen. With complex scenes raster output will often be smaller than vector if you don't go crazy with the dimensions. I would recommend experimenting with all the different types of output.

Also, a note on Optimaze!...this program only works on the vector portions of your Flash movies. And it does a fine job, I might add. However, it will do nothing whatsoever to bitmap graphics like .JPGs, .PNGs or .GIFs, though.
    Last edited by RUSHVision; 10-03-2002 at 03:44 AM.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..