A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: In a Nutshell what is Communication server MX?

In a Nutshell what is Communication server MX?

In a Nutshell what is Communication server MX? Why would you use this and what is it used with?

psx = new Moderator();
    If you haven't already, read this page:
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashcom/

Basically it's like a communication "hub" of sorts. It allows you to sync multiple flash clients to shared-objects on the server, as well as send data between these clients, as well as send data between flashcom servers and application servers via remoting. Obviously you use it with flash

The advantage is that everything stays native actionscript, whereas with xml you have to convert from as to xml, and then back again.

Some common uses would be multi-player games, real-time communication (chat, audio/video) and well.. anything real-time.

Check my footer for a few examples!

Psx

hmmm un k Just a lil more advanced for me. So Tell me one more thing. Knowing these communication MX .....How many businesses actually need things like this done for them? I mean...potential. What is the profit of knowing this in the business world?

psx = new Moderator();
    Hmm. That's a tough question. It really depends on the client (how did you know I was gonna say that?).

I think it will definitely have a much larger benefit on the company intranet vs maybe a public internet site, though I've already seen a few sites using it for things like tech support. Very handy for that sort of thing, but the bandwidth used in any sort of audio/video streaming can get really expensive really fast.

I think then that the profit in knowing it should be pretty good. Of course, just knowing it exists and what is possible is probably all you need to know to start pitching it to clients.

Psx

Yes, thats what I figured. In fact im about to do one for myself here at work. Real time tech support. www.costore.com/myrewards is the program that we run here. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.