A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Comm server v's Shockwave Multiuser Server

Hybrid View

Comm server v's Shockwave Multiuser Server

We will be getting Comm server shortly but have already started looking at using Director and Shockwave Multiuser server to develop chat and multiuser environments. Should we abandon this path and asume we will be using Comm server to handle our mult user apps?

psx = new Moderator();
    I guess that would depend on how much you already have invested in director/mus, and whether or not flash has the juice you need to get what you want done.

Honestly the one cool benefit I see for director is the 3d stuff. I haven't played with it at all since my mac was really too old to even view the 3d content. Now I'm on a shiny new mac... maybe I'll go download the trial this afternoon.

Also, there's talk of a director xtra to load in mx movies that use the fcs, so you may be able to make some form of hybrid super environment.

Psx

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    director xtra to load in mx movies that use the fcs, so u could use realtime video and audio if you feel that u need it.
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .