A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Photoshop clipping path....

Photoshop clipping path....

Okay I am having trouble using the photoshop clipping path atribute. This is what i am trying to do, i have an image and i have used the pen tool and "traced" around it the area i want to keep. When i have finished and have closed the path, i go to "path" the double click and name it "path1". then i go and make it a clipping path. How do i make the bg go away (or make it look like it went away? so that when i save it as a .tiff so when i import it into pagemake all that is seen is the image (transparent)...i hope this makes sense. I have seen other do this before....not sure how to accomplish it. I am using PS6 by the way

thanks for any help

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Re: Photoshop clipping path....

I think I follow ...

ctrl + enter to make it a selection ... shift + ctrl + I to inverse the selection ... delete ...

Is that what you're looking for?
    "My father likes to delete things from the Windows System directory because he's convinced that's where the swap file lurks. I have to reinstall Windows 95 almost every day." from Computer Stupidities
    Nobody's perfect ... I am nobody ... therefore ...
    Did you hear about the pirate movie that's in theaters now? It's rated "Aaaarrrrr!"...
    All your base are belong to them?
    Vision in Video

[/]
    Last edited by eggler; 10-14-2009 at 01:32 AM.

thanks you thank you thank you.......thank you

Okay I have another question I now have the clipping path and I saved the image as a .tiff and brought it into pagemaker and it is working fine.....is there anyway to add a drop shadow to it? i tried give a drop shadow to the image then doing a clipping path but the drop shadow but i cant get it to select around the drop shadow when i use the magic wand it just selects the main graphic.

[/]
    Last edited by eggler; 10-14-2009 at 01:31 AM.

try this.
    If you have a solid color background make your bg in photoshop the same cmyk value and bump out the clipping path to go arounf the layer shadow.
    – Jerry