A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: placement of .swf files in a movie.

placement of .swf files in a movie.

I have to load several movies (as needed) that I have made or found elsewhere (as opposed to embedding them as child movies).
    I think I understand that.

Is there a way to PLACE them where I want.
    I can get one to appear but it is in the top left corner of my main movie and
    not at some x,y coordinate that I choose (like say on the drawing of a tv set)

An example would be really nice in help I'm sure others would use it.
    ------
    If i could make the called .swf file an element I know how to manipulate it but
    a "loadmovie" action doesnt seem to be
    an element or i dont know how to make it one.

nope

Loaded movies are always upper left corner. Trick is to alway make them the same as the main movie.
    As for other swf files well You're out of luck

Well that sucks....

um.

Is there a way to make the background of
    a movie transparent? I am stuck with the movie being in the top left hand corner, but is there a way to make the called movie
    as big as the root but only have the content take up less than the whole movie
    ie. a small portion of it be what you actually see strategically postioned and the rest of the screen all transparent kind of like picture in picture on a TV.
    I tried this it filled in all the null space as white and i couldn't see anything that was underneath.

is there any other way of faking this effect? I want it to react like a child
    movie but not have to be loaded all at once because these files are going to be
    multiple megs of high rez pics.

SWF's are transparent by nature. Only if you've placed a background element or a paint object is it not.

I do this as a matter of course. I make what I call a 'container movie' at the size I want then every movie that I plan to load is sized to to fit on a movie the same size as the container, but with everything place where I want it.