A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you having login issues?

Lets see if I can post this quick enough before everything dies again!

I've been having the same problems as everyone else here. I have worked the cookie trick a few times and currently it works about every 1 out of 10 times. This is that time.

I have read the threads and have tried the suggestions from clearing cookies, setting profile options, and security settings with little help. I see in this thread that a kind soul is fixing accounts for people. (Is this something I can do or is it something only a moderator can do?) I still have the heebie-jeebies about giving someone my expertly thunked-up password. However, if the powers that be say its ok, i'd like to take part to get these problems fixed.

Heres a recap of my experiences for those who may be interested. The error in general here is when I log in, I get the 'thank you for logging in' and then it comes back to a no permissions screen asking me to log in again. Take note here that when I say 'Not Working' there may have been once when it worked at the beginning, but stopped working pretty quick.

I have used a total of 4 machines 2 of which I have reloaded the operating systems on. 2 machines I have loaded IE6 and Mozilla 1.1 on. All machines except Machine 4 are on a firewalled LAN connection. The 4th is on Dial-Up and while worked fine at first, by the time I was ready to post, everything stopped again.

If anyone has any questions about my setups that may help solve the problem feel free to contact me.

My E-Mail for contacts and perhaps someone to contact me about an account 'fix': milleker@nospam.qis.net

(Remove the nospam)

Thank you,
    -John

John:

I have already sent you an email, but just for the record.....

SEND ME YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND ILL FIX IT FOR YOU!

You can send my a private message through FK or leave a post with your email so I can contact you. You also may contact me through ICQ (look in my profile).

Mikhail Markin
    (mmarkin)

Wanted to mention that I recently signed up for another forum site that also seems to be using VBulletin 2.2.8, but which doesn't seem to have this auto-login bug.

Might not be saying much, but could mean someone's figured out how to fix or workaround it, no? It certainly isn't proof that the problem ISN'T in VBulletin. Also could point to some kind of installation or configuration issue.

There's a chance too they aren't really on 2.2.8 -- what I know for sure is at the bottom of each of their pages it reads:
    Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.8
    Copyright ©2000, 2001, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
    ...and that I didn't have to set any autologin cookie option, though I've used this site half a dozen different logins now on different days.

Anyhow I thought it might be worth mentioning this for admins or anyone else pursuing a fix for this problem.

Thank you!

Hey, mmarkin, thank you once again for fixing my account!! You are a miracle worker, I was going nuts w/out my Flashkit fix! Thank you SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!! Great job, and once again, thank you!! (sorry, saying thanks a lot, but I mean it!) Thanks,
    Dewman

Re: Thank you!

Originally posted by dewman
    Hey, mmarkin, thank you once again for fixing my account!! You are a miracle worker, I was going nuts w/out my Flashkit fix! Thank you SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!! Great job, and once again, thank you!! (sorry, saying thanks a lot, but I mean it!) Thanks,
    Dewman
    No Problem. Enjoy!

Mikhail

mmarkin, I was just wondering if I could get that fix also, as this is a newly registered name for me also and I would like my old one back. My email is bonovox_me@yahoo.com

Thanks very much!

Originally posted by silver_ice
    mmarkin, I was just wondering if I could get that fix also, as this is a newly registered name for me also and I would like my old one back. My email is bonovox_me@yahoo.com

Thanks very much!
    ...Ive replied by email....

Thanks for fixing my account....mmarkin

Civilian
    Here's another fix:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=387524

I was able to reproduce the problem in Linux on Konqueror and NN, so this still isn't a Windows-only issue, but the above fix seems to be a workaround for Windows users, client-side.

Originally posted by a0xnet
    Thanks for fixing my account....mmarkin
    No problem.... feels good to be able to help people out.

fix my account too please :)

Hey mmarkin wondering if u could fix my account too please...email me at louie6_2001@yahoo.com and i will email u the necessary information thanks alot in advance,

Louie

I wonder if small PHP script could help?

Seeing that the people still have problems with logging to the site, I wonder if a small php script couldn't be of help. Now I will start theoretising bcoz I don't have access to vbuletin nor I know how does it work... So I assume that this is typical php bulletin board w/MySQL support (?). If so, then probably user profile is stored in a table somewhere out there . Now, the script could go the following algorithm:

[list=1][*]Authorization - fetch the user password, verify it against the one stored in database. The trick is NOT TO USE vbuletin authorization, rather use own-written procedure - to make sure the script would work and not "loop back to login page".[*]make necessary adjustments in the user profile (i.e. turn autologin on)[*]inform the user that the change has taken place and clear his flashkit cookies.[*]the user then could try to login on his own.[/list=1]

The script could look a bit like this (in pseudo php ... I assume buffering is on and flushed automatically... Oh, and I assume it's PHP4.01 or sth like that, without those _POSTDATA tables (or sth. like that, i'm still on 4.01)
    PHP Code:
    <?php

switch($op) {
    case 
    ChangeProfile:
    setcookie("flashkitcookiename","",time()-3600,"/"); //unsure 'bout this
    $lg=addslashes($lg);//mysql_real_escape_string() in newer php. I usually use custom regexp 4 this...
    $qr="SELECT userid,pwd FROM userdata WHERE login='$lg'";
    $rs=mysql_query($qr);
    list(
    $uid,$upwd)=mysql_fetch_row($rs);

//decrypt upwd if necessary, or encrypt pw - either way round ;D

if ($upwd==$pwdoFancyUserProfileChange($uid);
     else echo 
    "authorization error.";

mysql_free_result($rs);
    break;

default:
    ?>
    <form method=post>
    Login: <input name=lg>
    Passwd: <input type=password name=pw>
    <input type=submit name=op value="ChangeProfile">
    </form>
    <?php
    break;
    }; 
    //endswitch

function doFancyUserProfileChange($userid) {

$qr="UPDATE UserProfileTable SET autologin='yes' where userid='$uid'";

mysql_query($qr);
      echo 
    "User profile changed succesfully, try to login...";
    }; 
    //endfunction doFancyUserProfileChange()
    ?>
    Now there is a lot of guessing here, but I hope you get the idea...

Hope it helps somebody...

may the luck be with You
    StarLight
    Burn the past behind us
    and conquer the future!

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by jstarkey
    Had to have been DP.

smack upside yo head, bad man.

dp
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Sinner

Thanks

Thanks for this post it has really helped me i havent been able to post here on Flashkit for a long time and i always assumed it was due to my university restrictions! until i read this thread thanks alot mmarkin.
    Ž„‚É‚Í‚¨Žð‚ðˆù‚ވȊO‚ÉŠy‚µ‚Ý‚Å‚·B(My only pleasure in life is drinking)

No problem... Glad to help...

hey mark what are you doing to fix the problem? Cuz I need/want my old username back.......BlueSamurai HELP ME MAN!

-BS
    ITS ME BLUESAMURAI!

Just email me your u/pass and Ill fix it.... dont have time to describe right now....read the thread....btw, its Mikhail.

Mikhail

Civilian
    Blue, Jamble asked me about your account and I think someone fixed it. Might be a dumb question, but have you checked it in the past 2 weeks?

Mikhail, I think he was referring to Fennel.

I fixed BlueSamurai's account; it was a weird one. I had to play around with it for a bit. The problem was in that I got the looping logon when I wanted to submit the options settings. Solved the problem by selecting browse board with cookies first, submitting the form, and then going back to enable the autologin.

Regards,

Mikhail

I AM BACK!!!!!! THANKS Mikhail!!!

No starkey it didn't get fixed before

anyways...problem solved ty again ikhail