A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: white BG / minimal flash sites

white BG / minimal flash sites

Anyone got some cool minimal flash sites? I always enjoy minimal style sites, clean, smooth, and effective

Originally posted by pargoodgolfer
    hmmmm.

http://www.celsiusdesign.com/
    thats a nice site - i like that menu

what about www.fantasyinterfaces.com ?

I always thought that was designed quite clean and attractive...

WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK?? WHAT ARE SOME OTHERS??

UNified

Hi

Two nice FK members sites
    http://www.grubstudios.com/
    http://www.dcentdesigns.com/

and if you want minimal go here

http://www.textbased.com/~minimalist/

Cheers

Cool Sites Official Critic
    best white site : www.fido.se FI off course.

Originally posted by zooler
    FI off course.
    lol, i think that's the opposite of what you meant

this style is very popular at the moment and I like it, it's good simple design.
    Last edited by aversion; 10-07-2002 at 11:05 AM.

aversion read ur pm's

This is obviousley my site, so dont hurt me or whatever, but I had this kind of theme in mind when I designed it.

The site itself is crap, buggy (you'll know what I mean if you're on broadband), not intuitive and jsut generally unfinished, but I haven't been able to get around to re-doing it...

PS I really hate Flash/HTML hybrid sites now... very little point...

www.silentdesign.50g.com

Oh and apologies for the Ad Banners

WP
    www.ithinkaloud.com

Originally posted by aversion
    lol, i think that's the opposite of what you meant

this style is very popular at the moment and I like it, it's good simple design.
    sorry aversion, didnt follow you on that?

sorry aversion, didnt follow you on that?
    no biggy, just that you made a typo, instead of saying "FI of course" you said "FI off course" which is pretty much the opposite...

oh well, it's kinda lost the appeal now

no biggy, just that you made a typo, instead of saying "FI of course" you said "FI off course" which is pretty much the opposite...

oh well, it's kinda lost the appeal now
    LOL! im feeling muzzled and slow today
    actually, it was FI off course, becasue www.fido.se is totally another planet from the other material they blow us away with.
    Hey aversion, you being id say in touch with the majority of the flash community, what is FI-Revolution and when is it coming?

no idea i'm afraid, i don't follow them much and they don't get mentioned in the design portals much. Maybe tony novak would know?

curious aversion, why dont they get mentioned, i mean they have made the most awesome collection of flash sites to date, maybe not your style but certainly mine. Everytime they make something it gets a bombshock and talked about as much as 2advanced stuff when they release projects. You say ask Novak, after a recent thread there in coffee lounge it looked like fantasy and 2advanced are going to team up. IMAGINE!!!!

None of the 'big' web design companies get mentioned much, you won't see people mentioning 2advanced, FI or debauer unless they have a new site out. I guess they're not so much a part of the 'design as art' community as the smaller places with the 'star' designers who visit all the conferences and do lots of personal projects on the side. People like jemma gura, James widegreen and eric natzke.

I'm talking about portals like k10k or surfstation where these same people do news submissions. It's just a different community I guess, they're all about personal projects, indie sites and skateboarding(!) rather than corporate sites and slick desktops.

:|

FK's Official Cricket Eater. ViperGeckoFreak's Avatar
    someone forgot a few...

like dans and my stuff...

inko
    nasi01

i better not post mine though aversion my get mad..

[edit] i cant post mine anyway cuz there not online! lol
    <-- was lost..

None of the 'big' web design companies get mentioned much, you won't see people mentioning 2advanced, FI or debauer unless they have a new site out. I guess they're not so much a part of the 'design as art' community as the smaller places with the 'star' designers who visit all the conferences and do lots of personal projects on the side. People like jemma gura, James widegreen and eric natzke.

I'm talking about portals like k10k or surfstation where these same people do news submissions. It's just a different community I guess, they're all about personal projects, indie sites and skateboarding(!) rather than corporate sites and slick desktops.

:|
    i personally think that the "arty design community" k10k surfstation etc are extreamly jealous of FI and 2A becasue they have never made a site to the kaliber of them. By the way I wouldnt put derbauer in the same league as FI or 2A. They are like whos'we, great graphics no typography. These arty people are always anti flash becasue they cant compete themselves, instead they ingore it or diss it. Similar to the kids that diss 2advanced becasue they cant compete.

i personally think that the "arty design community" k10k surfstation etc are extreamly jealous of FI and 2A becasue they have never made a site to the kaliber of them. By the way I wouldnt put derbauer in the same league as FI or 2A. They are like whos'we, great graphics no typography. These arty people are always anti flash becasue they cant compete themselves, instead they ingore it or diss it. Similar to the kids that diss 2advanced becasue they cant compete.
    95% of the stuff you see on these portals is in flash and dude, I really don't think they're envious of 2a et al at all, they're appreciative of their sites, but I think you're way off the mark if you think that those designers can't make sites to the calibre of 2advanced. You looking at it so narrowly!

K10k.net alone is, in my opinion, one of the best designed sites on the net, it's layout and scripting is awesome, and I think you'll find any professional such as tony novak will agree.

these 'arty' people as you call them are by far some of the best designers and flashers on the web. It's just a different perspective, a different style, a different whatever. They appreciate the likes of FI but trust me, they don't envy them.

It's not an us vs them thing, nothing like that at all.