dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ooops

My post below this one was a reply in the wrong place...oops. This is my question...

I would REALLY appreciate any help/advice anyone can give with this, but I'm pretty sure it's a glitch in the software. I have 12 movie clips that I have made invisible until buttons are pressed to change alpha. Each movie clip contains a series of sounds separated by frame labels. Located at each frame label is a different sound. When a button is pressed WITHIN the movie clip, the user skips to the next frame label to hear the next sound. Simple enough. This is true for all 12 movieclips. They all contain a different series of sounds. In my Flash movie, I have Movieclip 1 on the top layer, Movieclip 2 on the second layer, and so on. My problem is that when a person presses a button to make Movieclip 2 visible, and then they press the sound button within Movieclip 2, they hear the series of sounds from Movieclip 1 (or whichever movieclip I have placed on the topmost layer.) WEIRD!! and AGGRAVATING! This occurs for all of the movieclips located on the layers below the topmost one. Any ideas or suggestions. I AM POSITIVE my sounds are correctly placed. If anyone is up for a challenge, respond and I'll be happy to email you the Flash file and see if you have the same probs. THANKS!

I'm not sure if this is applicable to your problem, but I've had sound problems in Flash 4 where I'd get odd sound "slop-overs". Occasionally, when you'd get to the end of a scene, the sound in the next scene would play, for absolutely NO apparent reason!

I found the only solution was to put some space between scenes that started with sounds. That meant adding as many as 7 or 8 blank frames at the start of a scene, then labelling the new first frame and doing a "goto frame" to skip over the blank frames. That solved my problem, perhaps you could try something similar.

-Glenn-

send me the .fla for a check
    libran@libran.8m.com

Libran

Thanks! This has been figured out!

I just wanted to post the fix for my problem in case anyone else runs into it. The problem I was encountering was caused by the fact I had the buttons that played the different sounds placed in the exact same space of the movie clips. When I changed the _alpha to "0" for the movie clips, the movieclips were still there, thus the button in the uppermost movieclip layer was always pressed even though a different layer was visible. The solution to the problem was to use _visible which acts as if the movieclips do not exist when they are invisible.