A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Replace the default icon of the projector

Replace the default icon of the projector

Maybe this question has been already discussed, but I didn’t find any topics about it.
    I need some tip (or trick) to replace the default icon of the projector that Flash 5 creates. I tried some reshacks but after I change the icon, projector no longer works.

Please don’t ask me why I have to change it – the costumer just wants a projector file with his own icon and I can’t explain him….

10x in advance

Hi, this tutorial will show you how to do it using a few freeware apps:

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Pr...fZ-8/index.php

You can save yourself the hassle and simply download a copy of Flash Studio PRO which is also FREE for personal use. It also has over 80 other useful fscommands for use with your projector!

Download a copy from www.multidmedia.com

Other 3rd party apps which can also do this are:
    Flashnpack www.flashnpack.com
    Jugglor www.***********.com
    swf studio ww.northcode.com

Hope this helps.

Thank you and... i suppose it's not illegal to change the default icon of the projector, is it?

A good software program used to change icons is microangelo. You can download a trial version here:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,3335,00.asp

I am not entirely sure what the 30 day trial restrictions are - likely to do with commercial use.

It's very easy to use -just drag and drop pretty much.

Originally posted by mulcac
    A good software program used to change icons is microangelo. You can download a trial version here:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,3335,00.asp

I am not entirely sure what the 30 day trial restrictions are - likely to do with commercial use.

It's very easy to use -just drag and drop pretty much.

i've never thought that it's possible to change it with microangelo - actually i have licensed copy of microangelo

Jace Masula
    yeah, i thought microAngelo only created them...
    i use FSP and love it, but you can also snarf a program called ResEdit which will let you replace the icons in a flash projector compiled with flash.

ur best bet is FlashStudio Pro 1.5

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    You can use Resource Hacker as a free utility to replace the icon. If you are looking for a third party ustility to do a lot more than change the icon, on top of Flash Studio, you can use SWF Studio from http://www.northcode.com
    They both have nice features. Try them out and see which you like best. I highly recommend SWF Studio though.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

In microangelo- open up the librarian....
    then drag and drop your icon in the library - and then double click to edit or copy and paste a bitmap on it. easy as that!

Originally posted by Gambini
    You can save yourself the hassle and simply download a copy of Flash Studio PRO which is also FREE for personal use. It also has over 80 other useful fscommands for use with your projector!
    Gambini,

I'm curious about your "FREE for personal use" policy. IVU specifically mentioned that his project is for a customer yet you suggested he could use Flash Studio Pro for free for personal use. Do you consider using it for a customer to be personal use? Sounds to me like you would be missing out on a $$$ opportunity!

Flash Studio PRO is free for personal use, which allows a company or an individual to download and use it until they are ready to make their projector a commercial one. This gives them nore time than the standard 14 or 30 day trial versions and allows them to freely see if it's what they need for their project.

IVU would have to register his copy once his customer was happy with the end result.

Originally posted by Gambini
    Flash Studio PRO is free for personal use, which allows a company or an individual to download and use it until they are ready to make their projector a commercial one. This gives them nore time than the standard 14 or 30 day trial versions and allows them to freely see if it's what they need for their project.

IVU would have to register his copy once his customer was happy with the end result.
    Do you place a watermark or nag screen or anything on the outputted files on the free version? If not, how do you know when someone crosses the line between personal and commercial?

Jace Masula
    the trail version has a splash screen on the load and close of an exe it compiles. the registered version does not.