A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loading images

loading images

Hi yall,

Does anyone no how I can load mutiple images into a movieclip. I'm confused because the number of images is going to change every week...and I do not want to manually update the movieclip every week.

Any ideas??

thanks

There can only be one image inside an MC at the time if you use load Movie. However if you put several MC's (image targets) inside a MC you can have as many images in there as you like.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Do you have access to server-side scripting languages (PHP, CGI, etc)? If so, you can create a script that will check the images directory and output a txt file for loading into flash. The flash movie can the duplicate a movie clip for each image to be loaded into.

If you don't have server-side scripting capabilities on your server, you will need to make the text file yourself each time you add/remove images.

The txt file would have a variable for the total number of images, and then a list of the image file names.

The actionscript would first use loadVariablesNum() to get the data from the text file, then use a loop to duplicate and position an empty movie clip and load an image into it for each image defined in your txt file.