A Flash Developer Resource Site

Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Question on the best terminology

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000

    Question on the best terminology

    I'm writing a tutorial on Flash animation, and I'm explaining how motion tweens can't be used on lines and fills unless you group them or turn them into a symbol. Here's the relevant paragraph:

    When you draw something in Flash, you end up with a shape made of lines, or fills, or both. However, Flash can't use a motion tween on shapes. First, you need to turn them into a graphic symbol. A graphic symbol is a bit like a JPG or other image file—Flash stores the information for the graphic in its library, and you can have multiple copies of the image onscreen at the same time.

    My question is this: What's the best general term for lines and fills? "Shapes"? "Flash art"? Or just "lines and fills"?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    What about "raw" shapes ???

    Matt ;0)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center