A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: URGENT: UI DataGrid ?

URGENT: UI DataGrid ?

First of all let me say the so far I have been very impressed with the Flash UI DataGrid that I paid $99 for to get from Macromedia. However, I have a problem with it now and I'm not sure if it is me or the component.

You see, I am unable to figure out if the DataGrid has the ability to have a hidden column associated with it. I am pulling data into my movie via a CF Component which is just a storedproc that returns user information form my DB. I only want to show certain info in the Datagrid, but I need more info passed to another selectBox when the user chooses an item in the data grid. If this didn't make any sense, just think of the Outlook Address Book. Basically I'm just recreating something very similar with the users on the left in the DataGrid and then three select boxes (To:, CC:, and BCC that when a user selects a name from the data grid they can then send that name into one of the three other select boxes.

Whew.....That was a mouthful. So basically, I just need to know how to hide a column in a dataGrid so that I can pass the ID from the database over to the lisBox data field, but not actually show the ID in the dataGrid component.

Please Help,

CFDaddy

use the method removeColumnAt(index)

myDataGrid.removeColumnAt(0);

the above code removes the first coloumn which is probably the index

Not Delete

Thanks for the input, however that actually removes (deletes) the column. I need the column to be hidden. I need the data in it to pass to the listBox when a user chooses the specified row. I just do not want to show the column to the user.

Does that make sense? I'm not the best when it comes to wording what I'm thinking.

CFDaddy

nope the data is still there, it just doesn't show it, you can still access the data in the onbect try it

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

That does work. I'm sorry for doubting you. Thank you so much. That saved me sooooooooooooooooo much work.

Thanks again,

CFDaddy