dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: animated preloader

animated preloader

i want an animated loading bar...one that loads the main animation...one that i make myself, and to have it reflect the amount loaded(whether it be bytes, Kb, or what)...how do i go about that...i know how to do the animations and all that...but, how do i make it reflect the amount loaded?...
    "O"

This page covers just about everything you could possibly want to know about preloaders (well maybe not. But it is a good tutorial). About one third down the page is a section about percentage etc.

i looked at the site. i made a practice preloader and did what the person said. but the load bar and loadbarhousing are acting funny. first of all, they appear in their full states for a split second before doing what they are supposed to do, they also DON'T do what they're supposed to do. it doesnt work like the sample on the site that i dloaded. heres the fla file:

whats wrong?
    "O"

sorry...obviously attaching files on here is worthless except for taking up bandwidth. how do i get the file to you?
    "O"

Mail it to contact@elinew.com , I will take a look

Try this, I think you will like...
    http://home.speedfactory.net/dkdesign/1preloader.fla
    -K-

i tried working with that fla file, and it did nothing but mess up my flash program, i couldnt get it to do anything, the screens went wacky and i couldnt debug, change scenes, or anything like that...
    "O"

Sorry you had trouble...
    To use it, you can't just import the swf...
    you must use it as an example and re-create each frame at a time.
    It is only 4 frames long and these 4 frames must go BEFORE the rest of your movie (the first 4 frames of your fla).
    Also you must create the instance that applies to each action.
    Open it by itself and look at each frame. When previewing, make sure you "show streaming" from the "view" pop down.

The preloader may be seen working here... http://home.speedfactory.net/dkdesign/9-11/9-11.htm

If you need some help let me know.
    I had mass trouble before I figured this one out.

-K-

i realize all of this dk. i tried working with it...oh well, ill keep on trying.

p.s. i think you left out a word on that page with the example :
    "Dedicated to all those, in one way or another, stand up for the freedom our forefathers so gallantly fought for."

Dedicated to all those who, in one way or another, stood up for the freedom our forefathers so gallantly fought for.

Just a suggestion...
    "O"

how would i post my fla on here for you all to look at. ive tried attaching it, but, nothing shows up.
    "O"

hmmm..?
    "O"

send it to archikev1@yahoo.com if it not too big...
    Or zip or rar it up and send it to your web server & post the link...
    I will take a look.
    Thanks for the grammar check!
    Fixed it.
    -K-
    Last edited by dkdesign; 11-03-2002 at 04:02 AM.

ill put it on my web server...but, i can post it on here as an attachment right?
    just wondering
    "O"

Kinda hard to tell....Not much content there to support the preloader.
    Please post a link to the ".fla" file. This is always the best way to check for any problems, etc.
    I hope you don't mind a helping hand, this is how I learned most of my Flash.
    & Never give up!

-K-

in the preloader, the actionscript says that the loadAmount variable equals the "_totalframes". it says when loadAmount is loaded, play the movie, but, i want the "Loading..." animation to play while the movie is loading, if it tells the browser to play only after all of it loads, whats the point of the "loading.."animation?...understand?, i want to make it load a certain amount of frames, like frames 5-50 per se, while it plays the "loading..." animation and loops the if load amount doesnt equal so and so, then loop...all that good stuff...if you understand, help me out here...
    Last edited by gottajiboo; 11-04-2002 at 10:40 PM.
    "O"