dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: masking not completely masking

masking not completely masking

i'm masking stuff but there are some artifacts. here's a screen shot:

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/jizietz/seethroughmask.jpg

i drew red arrows pointing to the artifacts. i've got a mask over the rectangle on the left, and things are scrolling into view from right to left. unfortunately, things are showing up outside of the mask. is this because my background color isn't white? any ideas here?

sorry for the bounce...

apologies for the bounce, but i discovered something that i wanted to share:

the masking problems i'm experiencing ONLY happen when i'm using a gray background. actually, i should say when the mask is on top of a gray background or object.

as a recap - some items are visible outside of my mask. these items are lines and text. please see the link above (you might have to look a little closely at the pic to see what i'm talking about).

can someone please help me out? even a "i have no idea" post would make me feel better. thanks

Banned
    What are your screen settings? True Color(32 bit)?

oldnewbie is smart.

i switched to 32 bit color and now i don't have the problem. i find that very strange, though. why would color depth affect whether or not something can be seen outside of a mask? not everyone runs their computer at 32 bit color, so these artifacts will turn up on those machines...