8 14.29%
  • 31-40

7 12.50%
  • 41 or higher

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash Ages

Originally posted by GameGirl
    I thought like that when I was your age... it has been a lot of years since (if I was just a bit braver I would state how many) and I am still trying....
    yep,me too
    by the way: 21 and starting to feel old because the young fellas here claim to take over the world before i could

djide

Keep fighting the good fight!!

Dont worry... Im here with ya =P 21 here as well.

Nugget

Flash Developer on a break
    Originally posted by jorosdaman
    sheet, jeroen84 = 18!? respect man, your age + two kingdoms is a really impressive effort. I was thinkin you would be some kinda geriatric internet gaming genius or something...
    Thanks for your compliment.

Most things I learned when I were 16-17. When I was in highschool, I had a lot of extra spare time.(Mostly because homework sucks and internet rules. ^_^ )

I started out with Flash 4 in 4th grade.(Highschool was 6 grades for me, I'm now in 1st class University. Computer Science is 5 years tho..) I did all the tutorials who were in the trial and mastered the basics of Flash. Made a site for myself(lost it somewhere on the net), it wasn't that good, but hey.. =P

One and a half year ago I made a deal with the company of my neighbors to make a site for them. http://www.beverlybeat.nl It became a nice site. I keep hearing that people guess the cost on about $5000+, while I got $1000... Anyway, it was anough for my new, still very good computer.
    Tip for people who want to buy themselves a new computer: Find someplace to get the parts for low retail prices, find a freindly company to don't pay for the tax, and built your PC yourself.

After that I started to became interested in Flash Actionscript when I knew alot of the Flash5 coding.
    I also became interested in communicating with a database for a forum-based rpg I own, so I started to learn PHP/MySQL after hearing from MusicMan(Thanx dude! Doubt you read these forums tho. Always in the Scripting & Backend forums. ^^) that its the best to learn and use.
    So now I'm pretty good with PHP as well.
    I started appearing here on this forum and started reading threads and participating with them. After a while I bought the Flash Games Studio book from friendsofed and read it. I did small experiments, etc etc... And now I am working on a full game project: Two Kingdoms

And that all with just a few Flash4 tutorials.

I've never done tutorials after that, even the ones with the Games Studio book I still haven't done those to this year.(Just read it.. =P)

It's just about loving to flash.

Though... I still can't believe most people hadn't figured out I were 17/18.. Just look at my name(dates back from my first uses of AIM, couldn't think of a better name. =P), it 84 from 1984, my birthyear.

Geez. Look what I did.. A bit of personal history. =/

Keep flashing in the world!

Jeroen
    Last edited by jeroen84; 10-18-2002 at 03:30 PM.

| "Keep Flashing!"-Jeroen
    PHP multiplayer? Check this thread: PHPgateway

Originally posted by xMCNUGGETx,1st Nuggeteer

Dont worry... Im here with ya =P 21 here as well.
    i was just kiddin´,there´s still enough time so all of us can rule the world for a while

Originally posted by jeroen84
    Geez. Look what I did.. A bit of personal history. =/

Keep flashing in the world!
    nice one,keep it up

Well, I'm 31. Not the oldest in the crowd, but close. Back when I was 15 the only thing we had was QBASIC on the PC, or Amiga Basic.

Flash makes it way too easy for people to get started, but that's a good thing.

Flash Developer on a break
    *unleashes childish behaviour*

"Go Flash! Go Flash!...."

*puts it back where ever it came from*

"Uhm.. yea..." =/

| "Keep Flashing!"-Jeroen
    PHP multiplayer? Check this thread: PHPgateway

One man circus
    im 15... 16 in february. Cant wait to drive....

One man circus
    Ya, for some reason it wont let me log onto my ziplockkitty account, dont know why. Hope no one minds..

rehsalf sdrawkcab
    bah im only 14, i thought i was a youngin' in flash terms but it appears alot of people my age roam the depths o this board and more power to us. the 'low-mid' teens shall inherit the earth.

i've only knownn flash for about half a year (a bit more actualy) and i hope to continue to know it for time to come.

WTF?^^
    Thanks for the replies. I will probably post this agian in a year or so I like the poll results I guess 17-25 has the most, I guess the reason why is that it has the widest range ages on my next one I will make all the ages eq.

FlashOgre

Horseman Absurdity
    awww... no one posted for 41 and up.... how sad... or is it that no 41+ want to vote? *shrugs* oh well, I'm lean mean and eighteen but I loooooove my MX.

Wattsman

blimey I had no idea there were so many children here! Do you kids do this at school or at home?

we had a room full bbc masters when I was at school. - but there was also an acorn archimedes with elite on it wahay! (I only had an electron at home *sniffle*)

they don't make 'em like they used to *sigh*