A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing, Exporting

Question

Hello. I am wondering how to export a button I made in Flash to incorporate it into a page I am working and I cannot figure out how to do this. Does anyone know where I can find a thorough tutorial that goes over all of the import/export features of Flash? thanx
    friz

Cool

I think you can do the following(back up your new movie before you do it!!)

1.open the flash you are working on....
    2. open the flash that contain your button(but select "open as library")...then you can use the button on your current movie.

Hope this will help.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00001783.swf" quality=high WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

You can select the button, copy it to the clipboard, then just paste it into the new movie.

Just a note, You may have to rename the elements of the button if the movie you are movinig it into already uses those names. ie, you have a button named 1 and you are trying to bring in a new button from another movie that has that same name. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>