A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: loadMovie

think so...

do you mean to have a movie automatically load into an empty movie clip when the main movie starts like this: www.focimsa.com/principal.html ? because if so you just put the code

loadMovie("mymovie.swf", "contents");
    stop();

on the first frame of your main movie.

my movie is the movie you want to load into your movie, contents is the instance name of the load space.

hope that helps

ITWORKS

thanks a lot phill!!!!
    you saved my live. i knew it had to be a simple thing, i tried every complex code but always with onClipEvent, so it hasn't needed.

thanks

In Addition. . . .

This was a great thread and I apologize for bringing back but I made the one clip load into the container, but there is one problem. . it loads in the corner . .

What does that mean?

Everything that was stated in this thread was executed and the movie actually loads within the movie I want. . .it doesn't load centered in the "container" clip. . .

????

Any suggestions?

pretty sure..

here is the way i understand it: when you load a clip into a container clip, the container clip takes on the size of the clip you are loading. if you need to center it you just move the position of the white circle that represents the top left corner of your container clip. so if you want to load a 200 X 200 clip into a 400 X 400 movie, you would place your container clip at X: 100 and Y: 100 in your main movie. hope that makes sense and that i am not mistaken.

phill

here is what i do

if for example the main movie is 700x500, i make all my sub movies exactly the same size. then in the main movie i put my containers in the top left corner (x=0 and y=0) then in the sub movie i just put whatever i want in the place i want it to appear in the main movie.
    i think it is the most simple way. ITWORKS fot me!

good thought itworks. that would definitely be the simplest way to do it.