A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: fade in movies

Hybrid View

how to?

to fade out your animation, you will need to fade out your empty movie clip. Simply set two keyframes of the empty movie clip (with the same instance name at both frames). The first instance has 100% alpha and the second instance has 0% alpha. Create a motion tween between these two keyframes. Whatever animation you load into your empty movie will fade out when these frames are played.

Thanks,

This does not work for me becuase how do you set an instance to a blank movie, for there are no keyframes and you can't set an instance to a blank keyframe please help Brad

Hi Brad:

Good question. But please only post your question in one thread. I'll get to it pretty quickly.

Create two keyframes *OF* your empty movie clip, not *IN* your empty movie clip. Get the difference? On your main timeline, create an instance of an empty movie clip, and name it something like "empty" or whatever. That instance will, by default, be at 100% alpha. Then, copy that keyframe (keeping the same instance name) and give that new instance an alpha of 0%. Then, create a motion tween.

When your text animation is loaded into your empty movie clip, it will fade out, per your instructions, when it plays these frames.

r

Set Alpha to 0

I can't get this to work, I have crated a MovieClip instance inside my flash movie, and used the loadmovie command in it to get the text animation to appear, and that works fine.

however when I create my 2 keyframes in the flashmovie, and tween them, it doesn't work! the movieclip just stays there.

what am i doing wrong?

are you trying to move or fade out your clip?

if you are trying to fade it out, please make sure that the second keyframe instance has an alpha of 0% (I hate to state the obvious, but sometimes.....)

Are you certain your SWF is playing the proper frames? That is, is it going to the frame label, "fade"? You can test this by typing in "14" on frame 14, "15" on frame 15, etc, so that you can see which frame is playing when you view the swf.

Also, is it:

GoTo and Play ("fade")
    or
    GoTo and Stop ("fade")

Be sure you are telling the SWF to Play -- not to stop.

Other than that, I don't know off hand. Feel free to post your .fla.

stay cool,

r

This is the exact problem I've been having that you haven't answered yet. Unfortunately, your suggestions above are not working -- simple as they seem.

But maybe I'm not understanding where you're supposed to put the GoToandPlay actionscript and the 'fade' labels? That isn't explained in any detail anywhere???

Andrea

Originally posted by RBlank_Wildform
    are you trying to move or fade out your clip?

if you are trying to fade it out, please make sure that the second keyframe instance has an alpha of 0% (I hate to state the obvious, but sometimes.....)

Are you certain your SWF is playing the proper frames? That is, is it going to the frame label, "fade"? You can test this by typing in "14" on frame 14, "15" on frame 15, etc, so that you can see which frame is playing when you view the swf.

Also, is it:

GoTo and Play ("fade")
    or
    GoTo and Stop ("fade")

Be sure you are telling the SWF to Play -- not to stop.

Other than that, I don't know off hand. Feel free to post your .fla.

stay cool,

r

Andrea:

Sorry I haven't been too helpful. If it's possible, please be patient for a couple of more days. A brand new, very simple tutorial is on the way, and it covers this topic. I hope to publish it this week.

Also, as I said, if you want to post or email me your .fla and .swfs, I am happy to take a look.

r