A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: template file size bloat

template file size bloat

I'm trying to do a very simple page with a scrolling text field. (no other actionscript) I saved it as a template so that I could populate a site with about 30-40 similar pages. Each time I create a file and save it, the file size of the swf and the fla go up. -- with each file being about 20k bigger that the last file.

I've tried just doing it the old way - without the template - and the same thing happens.

Help...i'm doing this for a friend and there's nuthin in the manual.

make sure you're not recreating (copying) symbols, sounds to me like you do. What drives up filesize is the ammount of symbols (tweens, bmps, clips, sounds and so forth) in your libary hit F11 and compare the libraries of your files
    it is your mind that decides - it is with your mind that you fly

vevmedia

I'm not creating new symbols. I'm re-using the same symbols and editing them. ...ex - changing the wording in the symbol for the page title. that's why i'm trying to do the template thing

okay, now I'm a complete doofus. I didn't make all the static text fields on my page symbols...something older versions have been letting me get away with...guess MX really makes you mind the rules. that fixed it...thanks.