A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Free Developer Hosting. . . .

FK Board Loser
    This thread not a spam ad

Anyhow, since I got my own personal domain name now I am making Gearworx.com a Free "developer hosting" service with some neat features. I thought this might be a good idea since there are so many people that need a good reliable host. I'v already got the plans done and the features as well, in face I am in the works of adding more features like having your own email address at the subdomain under gearworx like this (you@yoursub.gearworx.com) though that's not a big issue I think its cool.. I wanted to get as much as input I can to see if this is a good idea.

Suggestion would be cool too

Thanks a bunch

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Cuz I can with flashcarnival.com make subdomains for users if I wish..... I dunno...... What would I benifit from doing so I wonder.... More traffic to my site? I guess.

FK Board Loser

true..

Yeah I guess, but if there were banners?? maybe one on the top of a page.. yeah mor traffic is all there is a little recognition would be nice as well.

Nah..

Originally posted by *gearworx
    Yeah I guess, but if there were banners?? maybe one on the top of a page.. yeah mor traffic is all there is a little recognition would be nice as well.
    It there is one thing I hate - it has to be banner and pop up ads!

Give your user an option of providing a disclaimer on the page or a banner/pop-up - much better

FK Board Loser

hmm

Actually I think its a good idea to give the users that option.. that way I am not forcing anyone . . .
    [Edited by *gearworx on 10-14-2000 at 10:36 PM]

I have to use banners with my server... It's free for me..... So I guess that wouldn't work.....

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

How about this: you have free (ad-free as well) hosting for developers [i]if they have you as their prefered host (the host they use for their clients) and the clients can have ad hosting...do you understand what I mean? If not let me know and I'll word it better.

I understand. The Clients of the developers you host putting their clients' sites on your server account, the clients can have banners if they want like any site can. But would would be my benifit?

My Good Little Birdie

you get good ad-free hosting as opposed to popup banners and stuff

sound cool

its good to see ppl helping out fellow flashers...

i might have to take up your offer if i ever get around to starting a buziness

I can set up free sites right now... Only thing is they would need banners..... So if you don't mind banners, email me, lol.

My Good Little Birdie

Lost SanitY said: i might have to take up your offer if i ever get around to starting a buziness

I probably would too...*gearworx please email me at cph2686@aol.com if you ever get this ready...