A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Audio streams horrible, what can I do?

Hey,

Since two weeks I got a little problem when I visit Flash sites with music. My browser or my connection streams very bad.
    I hear the music with shocks and also it effects the animation, what can I do about it.

Flash sites without music seems to work fine.

Any suggestions?

Thx
    D-flyer

sounds like a connection problem. probably not much can be done unless you get a faster connection. if you are making the movie, you can set the sound to "event" that way it will play without trying to synch the animation. this will speed up the sound, but the animation may not synch to the music depending on which version of Flash you are using. now that i think about it, you might try upgrading to Flash 5 plug-in, it runs a little faster than the Flash 4 one did.

good luck

Hi cyman,

I don't think it is a connection problem (64 kb/s)because in the past i hadn't have any problems, for example with http://www.flashchallenge.com.

Now when I visit this url the backgound sound plays, jams, plays jams etc.

I already have the flash 5 player installed.

Any other suggestions, I wanna be a happy surfer

D-flyer

the only other suggestion i have is to unistall then reinstall the Flash player. was the change in quality associated with any new software you installed?

Uhmmm

You could be right about reinstalling the flash player, because as i can remember it all happened when I upgraded from the flash 4 player to the flash 5 player.

Now a really stupid question. How do I uninstall/remove flash 5 player plug-in. Can I just go to macromedia and reinstall flash 5 player or should I remove the plug-in first? If so how (i'm working with MSIE 5.5)

Dragon flyer

here is the Macromedia documentation on how to remove the plug in:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ove_player.htm

good luck