dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new sticky

new sticky

maybe someone could compose a sticky outlining the coffee lounge rules reguarding post content.

Señor member

Re: new sticky

Originally posted by pondini
    maybe someone could compose a sticky outlining the coffee lounge rules reguarding post content.
    like what?

speeling, grammer etc? The lounge is for "chit chat" on non flash matters, a place to just hang out and "shoot the breeze" ..
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

i've had a few threads deleted, i can understand how the first one would be objectionable, but the other was not too bad.

What was the "not too bad" one about? And what were some things that people might be offended by?

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    What was the "not too bad" one about? And what were some things that people might be offended by?
    the objectionable link was 2 dudes playing some rather disgusting pranks on each other while the other one slept. (the second prank topped the first, if thats possible)

the other was an add for a modified imac.

no nudity in either.

Señor member
    the objectionable link was 2 dudes playing some rather disgusting pranks on each other while the other one slept. (the second prank topped the first, if thats possible)

the other was an add for a modified imac.

no nudity in either.
    I remember the first one It was gross, something I'd not mind on d-f but here it was a little too gross

Didn't see the second one.

If you have queries on why a thread was deleted, feel free to email the webmaster alias (webmaster@flashkit.com) to question it if you don't feel it was correct. Normally if a mod deletes a thread, the thread starter will be notified to avoid confusion.

I don't think there's a great need for a sticky thread to tell people what's acceptable as you can't really list everything and more often than not, people don't read it! The best bet if you're not sure about content is to email or PM a moderator and ask but you should be able to see from the types of posts and threads here what is acceptable for a G13 rated forum
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Well, were they closed or deleted?

Because if they were just closed, I'm sure I could read and see why.

If they were deleted, ask the person why.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

jamble, thanx for a civil answer. i. myself, am offended by violence, smut, and tastless profanity. i dont mind profanity if its used correctly (i better not give an example lol). everyone has a definition of whats acceptable, and the mods are no different. so i guess the debate is over

Señor member
    jamble, thanx for a civil answer. i. myself, am offended by violence, smut, and tastless profanity. i dont mind profanity if its used correctly (i better not give an example lol). everyone has a definition of whats acceptable, and the mods are no different. so i guess the debate is over
    no probs, FK for the most part is a self moderated community and nearly all members know what is right and what isn't but like I said, if you're not sure, just email one of the CL mods and ask

Enjoy your posting
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Oh I didn't see this mentioned... but keep in mind this is a G rated forum IE don't post anything a ten year couldn't see without parental supervision.

Yea, and the pimp fits in how?

This is the reason:

Most 10 year olds don't know what a pimp is. So they woun't ask. And if they do know what a pimp is at age 10, then they have seen a little too much, and they are tainted anyway. So the pimp doesn't matter.

I like you, Mr. Pimp.

And don't forget Dan.