A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: this is killing me....

this is killing me....

i just don't know what's happening...

I think i do everything allright. The problem is if you don't have the font i used installed, than you will see it all messed up.
    But i didn't use dynamic fields, or device fonts, i did all the right things with this pixel font, the size, the position.... everything.

The problem is this.. if you don't have it, you won't see it.. but i've saw a lot of flash sites with fonts i don't have so the problem can't be very big, right?

Can some of you please be kind to solve this problem please?

Thanks in advance!

Alexandre Silva

When you use a font as static text, flash automatically embeds this font in the player. That's why you can see fonts you don't have installed on your computer. You can test this in your movie by selecting your text and choose view > antialias text. If the text is antialiased, flash should embed the font. If it still looks pixelated it will not. So, for your font flash will probably not embed it. You can change your static text to dynamic text and embed the font or you can try to find a similar font that is embedded automatically by the player. Another option is to distribute the font along with your file and ask users to install it before they run your application. I haven't had much problems with fonts, but this is what I read about is, so I guess this is the problem you're facing.

thank u.

problem solved

no need to face death no more.

for now...