A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I very confused.....

I very confused.....

I love Flash! That said, now on to 2 problems. I solved a 3rd by reading these posts.

1 I've made a website with buttons, the buttons have text on them. I animate the buttons moving here and there. The text moves with it ok. But, the text also moves around on it's own. I'm constantly re-adjusting the text box to be in the proper positon on the button.

2 I have an MC with a kitchen in it. Whenever you click on one of the doors/drawers, they open. When I first start the movie and rollover the door(button) nothing happens right away. There is a delay 3-5 seconds before I get the finger (pointer on rollover) Is this normal for buttons inside MC's? Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

I'm sure I'll have more questions.

thanks,
    Randy
    thanks a million!

Why dont you have the text inside the button?
    A button should be active right away ( unless you have very heavy graphics and a real slow computer ). Have you defined a graphic for the hit state?

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

I do have the text inside the buttons. But in some places the text slides down on buttons, some it slide down on just text boxes. This happens when I go from work to home. Maybe there's a difference in the font handling of the machines? I think my buttons were delaying because I had too many excess frames before a stop action. The button in the MC wouldn't work until the main movie stopped.
    I'm still unsure about the text though..

Thanks,

Randy
    thanks a million!