dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Writing your own company literiture

Writing your own company literiture

after an overwhelming response to an ad i put on a small website .. i have gotten tons of emails for people looking for sales positions within my company ..YEAHHH !!! ...but.. i only had some half ass brochures and flyers ... man this is a serious pain.. for those of you serious about running your own business .. this must be done.. you all dread it ... i dread it.. but go and do it

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Send me your copy, vamps - I'll edit it up for ya, if ya like - that's if it's not similar in length to War & Peace.

(says the guy with the journo degree...)
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

i have barley started .. just putting everything in word right now and sorting it from there.. what a serious pain.. then to write your own sales copy..its easy to lie about your customers sales staff.. but to write about your own..man

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Make sure to keep notes of any decent ideas you have about what you guys have on offer, and how you want to describe these services - it's a pain to sit in front of the machine, knowing that two days ago you had some good stuff, but it's all gone down the big bathtub drain called 'time'.

Plus, if you have a bulleted list of minor services, remember to keep the structure parallel. If you start with 'We can...' each point should start with 'We can...'. Sounds repetitive, but it's a no-brainer for the reader.

Just some ideas.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

FK Slacker
    I highly recommend spending a few bucks to hire a professional copywriter...flesh out some ideas, but it's well worth it to bring in someone who knows what they're doing, at least for an edit & polish...

It can make a world of difference to your professional image...

K.

Originally posted by deadbeat
    I highly recommend spending a few bucks to hire a professional copywriter...flesh out some ideas, but it's well worth it to bring in someone who knows what they're doing, at least for an edit & polish...

It can make a world of difference to your professional image...

K.
    Yes - I second that! It makes a huge difference - and in the end you are selling your technical skills and not your literary abilities.

You can also pick up a lot just by seeing what the copywriter produced from your brief, might help for general company correspondence too.

Looks like your business is taking off - good luck!

- n.