A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: controling a movie clip from another and not in time sync...thoughts on how to?

controling a movie clip from another and not in time sync...thoughts on how to?

I'd like to know what I need to look at Actionscript wise for the following scenario...:
    opening MC stops, waiting for user input (onclick event)1 of 4 buttons, once a button is clicked, mc continues, loads another MC that is the Navigation portion. The Navigation MC has other MC's with click events that launch movies into _level(n). I need to know how to 1. know what button was clicked when the MC first stoped (waiting for input, onclick), 2. use that somehow later in the Navigation MC to know what portion of the Navigation MC needs to run so I can automatically run the correct MC into _level(n).

I hope this makes sence. I was thinking about Variables, with conditionals within the MC's within the Navigation MC, but unsure where to begin or if this is the correct approach. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Norm

never mind, solved on my own

Thanks anyway guys...