A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with Draggable items

Question

Thanks for the help with the Draggable movie. i finally made the Draggable Menu. however i am facing another problem. The draggable menu consists of 5 buttons. when the buttons are activated. it load up the content. however, i dont want that "thing" to be draggable. Because when i press on the button, the menu and the content are also be able to draggable. I tried to put it in a seperate layer but it didn't work. Can anyone help?

Ah Dont

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

What you need to do is to make the content a seperate movie clip and bring both into the main timeline. This will make the menu and the content work independent of one another.

You will need to name the instance name of the content movie to call it from the menu movie clip. for this example lets call it chicken

then using the tell target command use this command line:On

(Press)
    Begin Tell Target ("/chicken")
    Go to and Stop (2)
    End Tell Target
    End On

Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>