A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pe v3.0 site check, feedback please ;)

pe v3.0 site check, feedback please ;)

here ya go
    printing empire

ideas, comments, problems? send em my way...

please tell me how the sound loop works on your machine, b/c ive had mixed results with different pcs.

thanks!

loading: i'm on dsl,it took long, and you haven't got any content yet, so.. there's a point. that definately has to do with the loop which is not bad, but its badly 'bonded' ( the end has a 'chuk' sound before it loops and starts off again). delete the buttons during the intro, and change that gradient fill from the site name... it doesn't integrate with the whole aesthetic.

forgive my english

hoping to see some content there

im unfortuantely stuck with that loop (which i've been trying to fix without any luck yet, and the gradient, both are the clients' specs.

i'd like to get rid of the buttons, but what can i put there? it's too plain without anything, and the buttons will also let the user navigate quickly and skip the intro.

any thoughts?

i appreciate your feedback.
    thanks!

sound

you can edit that loop using cool edit pro. that's what i am using for sound editing.

FK's Woman Chess Grand Master Seldudet's Avatar
    i couldnt even stick out the loading time, it took forever so i just quit.....and im on cable!! cant u make the size smaller or something?
    Speedy, easy recipes for penniless students:

Feed The Student

Who luvvvs the doughnut...I luvvv the doughnut !!

you might want to check your ping times or call your isp b/c i havent had any load time problems with several different connections (it takes less than 4 seconds on my cable modem after cleaning my temp files and using fresh browser)

is anyone else having this problem?

clicking on the buttons, clicking on the buttons...

why does it not work?

you should make the intro skip when someone clicks on a button to see "prices" for example..

haha...i should have been more specific...there's no content yet, no subpages. i just wanted people to check out the intro and the sound loop. eventually the buttons wil be active.

thats really bad if i was your boss i would fire you for lying on your resume
    NBD:Towknee

well...that criticism was less than constructive.

i'd expect better from a "senior member"

Criticism... "senior sized"

Sure here you go:

The prelaoder is bad, make it dynamic the animation serves no purpose unless It gives some kind of indication of how much of the movie has loaded

It takes to long to load even on broad band, ditch the song its bad anyway

The raster images that you used are grainy and dark.

The color scheme on the printing empire is mad wack and is unattractive, get a color wheel

Lose the song its bad

You have no content what so ever, before you show something try to finish it first other wise your just wasting your time.

The font you used is odd, and im sure "old people" won’t like it or be able to read it.

The animation is nothing to be desired, use swish don’t make life difficult by trying so hard.

If you are trying to sell your self as a empire of printing get rid of the banners.

That song is really bad I know im gonna have it stuck in my head all day tomorrow, TIA

When the “intro” is done, print empire is lost in the backround, use a color that contrasts well.

Your only as good as the image you project, good luck dood.
    Your best bud -Tony
    NBD:Towknee

don't know what the prob is with download for the others - it came it like crap off a chrome shovel for me (i.e. really fast) I had to wait all of about 2 seconds and it was done ( I didn't see the pre-loader so i can't comment) the site looks fine to me - no probs with the font. Loop sounds ok but give people the choice to turn it off as it may get annoying. Oh and the banner pop up is bad, see if you can get rid of it.

otherwise i liked it, simple and will be easy to get around the site
    You can't have everything...where would you put it?

heyheyhey...now thats what I'M talking about...
    thanks alot for your comments people!

unfortunately, most of it can't be used since the logo, the font, and sound loop were chosen by the guy who im working for.

as for the banners, this is just a free site we're using for testing before we get it up on the .com, so they'll be gone soon enough.

I have already added the music off button, and it will be appearing in my next update.

finally, i hope im not wasting anyone's time showing an unfinished project, but it's nice to be able to make changes now rather than having to go back and redo hours of work.

thanks again!

Sleep When Your Dead :)
    Off button please

ok, here are a few changes and some content...

the faq and products links are active now, i've added a music off button and persuaded my boss to use a new logo.

any and all feedback is appreciated

thanks!

can't comment on whole site yet

Well, the content is only about 1/6 there, so I can't comment on the whole site....

Thank God for the mute button. But it takes you back to the beginning when you turn it off? It should turn off the music without changing your current screen....

Also, when the music is on, you can hit the music on button again and it starts another loop, and you can keep doing this until you're drowning in it.

The animations seem very choppy. Might crank up the FPS a bit.

Other than that, you might try to blend the background image a bit more...like fade it to black or something so there aren't those distinct lines at the top and bottom where you can see it end.

That's all I can see from this much of it...

FK's Official Cricket Eater. ViperGeckoFreak's Avatar
    When I think of the name "Printing Empire", I think of a stylish corporate-like website. Not quite what you made.
    <-- was lost..

FK's Woman Chess Grand Master Seldudet's Avatar
    I must say i agree there (w/ VGF), looks more like somebodys portfolio rather than a swank, posh business. Plus the scrollbar on 'services' is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow, make it faster!
    Speedy, easy recipes for penniless students:

Feed The Student

Who luvvvs the doughnut...I luvvv the doughnut !!

thanks, everyone, for your comments.

i agree with what you say about the style too, but this is what they asked for. they spec'd the black background, the font, the music, etc.

i'll work on that scrollbar, i didnt catch the prob b4.

my question is sbout the sound loop...now i know i can put it in its own separate movie clip and put a stop all sounds action on the off button...but how do i restart it? if i send the swf back to the first instance of the clip it will do what it does now and bring back the first page...so how do i control the clip without using to "go to and play"?

thanks!