A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Self-Promo SIte

New Self-Promo SIte

Hi.

I've crafted myself a self-promo/personal/portfolio site. Please give me some feedback. Im especially conserned with the content. I tried to give it a personal touch while keeping a professional approach, if you know what I mean.

Also, I am not sure if the way the newsletter sign-up box is placed on the main page is appropriate. Looks a bit awkward, but I dont know what to do. Any suggestions? Should I move it to Contact?

URL: http://www.mikhailmarkin.com

Thanks in advance.

Mikhail

P.S. In my pre-beta posting here, I had a few people recommending that I change the white background. Although I considered it, right now I cannot see how it works. So please, ignore this aspect. THanks.

since you're interested in content...

Go pick up a book called "The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing"

It's got some great rules in there to guide you into how to sell yourself/your company.

Here's an easy rule to remember:

Everything is about your customer. Don't just say "I'm good at making web pages." Say "I'm good at making web pages that deliver the image YOU want." Every single paragraph or concept you give to the viewer should connect with them in some way.

Also, people don't hire raving generalists. Pick a specialty and emphasize that. You're design eye looks pretty good, I would focus on the design aspects of your work. You can mention other things, but focus on one area.

Other than that? Hire a copywriter to get some really good quality content. They're sorta expensive, but for a reason...they know how to say what you want in a way your audience understands.

Good luck to ya.

P.S. You are from Russia? I just got back from Moscow not long ago.
    Last edited by GroovePapa; 10-21-2002 at 11:56 PM.

Re: since you're interested in content...

Originally posted by GroovePapa
    P.S. You are from Russia? I just got back from Moscow not long ago.
    Yeah, I am. Born in Moscow.

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it.

Mikhail