A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AV presence crash

AV presence crash

Hi,
    I've been looking into flashcom for a while now and have aquired the basics of it.
    I'm working on a skin for it now, but through the process of redesigning various elements, I've encountered problems with the webcam.
    Here's a description; this was tested on 3 Pcs and 1 Mac, each of them were quite powerful machines.
    The movie loads fine, you can login and chat allright, and the vidcam components seem ok. Once you start using your webcam (after you set it to "authorize"), the PC computers crash right away, and the Mac shows a couple seconds of video, then crashes.
    I have not altered the code in anyway, all I have changed are the buttons movie clips (they all have the same name though, and I was careful not to delete their instance name) and shape/color of the background.
    I have tested the same movie on the server before changing the graphics, and it worked fine...
    Has anybody experienced similar problems; and does anyone know how to fix them, or have an idea of what might be causing them?
    Thanks in advance,
    _Sub.

psx = new Moderator();
    Hmmm.. I remember a while back some people complaining about the avpresence component crashing their flash mx, but nothing about it crashing in the player.

Can you post an fla?

Psx

sent you a pm - I'd rather not give the fla on a board.

Arckid - Curving the Web
    u got problem solved?

if not then let me know or send me FLA.
    Ashvin Savani (Arckid)

CEO & Founder, Avinashi Systems Pvt. Ltd.
    Team Macromedian
    Avinashi Videomail - My latest work

Yeah, I'm sorry for keeping the thread in the dark...just had lots of work lately.
    Problem has been solved.

For future reference, the problem was that I had copied my av presence 1 component, and just changed the variables (instance name etc...) to av presence number 3. For some reason this causes flash to crash. I just deleted the third av presence and it worked fine so - don't copy and paste your components